PDA

View Full Version : Work Party & Practice Session - Saturday 20 September 2008

brookie
17-09-2008, 08:50 PM
How about another one of these this Saturday?

This'll be the first prepping the track for the forthcoming Winter Warmer series and continuing to develop the facilities throughout the winter and into the new year!

There's much remedial work required, grass cutting, weedkilling, strimming, etc., etc. And then thinking about what is required for the future!

As per usual on the Saturday we'll, once again, be sampling the delights of the 'Sunshine Cafe' before meeting at the track at about 10:00AM.

Work Party Drivers can, also as per usual, run their cars around AFTER the work has been done for the day.

Any drivers (and we have, both before and as a result of the National, had some enquiries to date) who wish to come along in the afternoon (we would suggest from about 2:00PM onwards) for practice are more than welcome.
Those non members not participating in the work party will be charged a nominal fee of £5 for the afternoons practice session, drivers will, of course be able to practice until they can't see the track (about 10:00PM at present) if they do so wish!

Hope to see you all on Saturday, lets keep the momentum going! Only three weekends until the start of the Winter Warmer series, first meeting, Sunday 05 October 2008!

abray
19-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi Steve, just back from the US so won't make it tomorrow. My Dad is on holiday until next weekend but I'll definitely be down next Saturday.

Cheers,
Alex

David Church
21-09-2008, 06:58 PM
How did you all get on???? Is the track ready for round 1 of the winter series????:thumbsup:

savageman25
21-09-2008, 07:31 PM
bet you got on better than i did at layhams lol only completed one race oiut of the three
might be able to come next weekend if theres a workparty on?

brookie
21-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I know people are spread all over the globe at the mo but I have to say it was a rather disappointing turn-out!
Just Andy T, Thomas, Chris (many thanks guys!) and myself!

We'll need more help than this if we're going to be ready for two weeks today!

Lots of strimming and grass cutting to be done just to make the track driveable, the weeds have enjoyed the recent weather! Sweeping, Litter collection and pitting area prep.

There'll definitely be more workparty's on the coming Saturdays please keep looking for announcements!

The good news is the new entrance road is open for use, much more accessible!

tiny tom
22-09-2008, 04:02 AM
Can't do this saturday because I am working, but Saturday before the race I can do the morning.

savageman25
22-09-2008, 06:39 PM
might be possible to come this saturday, and ill have an extra strimmer, would it be possible to get a lift steve? please