PDA

View Full Version : Winter Series Round 3 This Sunday

JBL
10-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Stotfold MCC are hosting round 3 of the Winter series on Sunday 15th December (Ideal time for me to make excuses not to Christmas shop).

Still plenty of time to book in

http://www.stotfoldmcc.com/view.entrants.php

Hot food and drinks will be available for breakfast thru lunch.

simonrhart
10-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi,

I have never raced at Stotfold before, do I need to buy a transponder as I do not have one? Also I am not a BRCA member, do I need to be? and Lastly, can I run using my Ballistic Buggy green tyres?

Thanks
Simon

Dandare
11-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Hi,

I have never raced at Stotfold before, do I need to buy a transponder as I do not have one? Also I am not a BRCA member, do I need to be? and Lastly, can I run using my Ballistic Buggy green tyres?

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon, this quote should answer you Q's:

"Hi, you will be more than welcome to join us and race on the Sunday, as a non BRCA member you are allowed to race 3 times before needing to join.

there is no practice on Saturday, but there is open practice before racing starts on the Sunday, gates open around the 8am mark.

Tyres will be available from www.Insidelineracing.co.uk who will be trackside on the day, or you can order online and use trackside collection at checkout.
Control tyre is Schumacher Mini spike any compound on the rear axle, if wet then silver or green's in the dry its yellow.

You will need to have you own PT, if you do not own one we do have a couple of club handouts which can be used but you will need to let us know well in advance so one is charged and brought to the track."

simonrhart
13-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks Dan.

Shame there is a control tyre, I don't really want to have to buy a new set of tyres and wheels when my ballistic buggy greens work well in the damp/wet.

Simon

learnerdriver
13-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks Dan.

Shame there is a control tyre, I don't really want to have to buy a new set of tyres and wheels when my ballistic buggy greens work well in the damp/wet.

Simon

you would be able to race with BB but you would not score points - just tell them when you bookin at race control, however, you may get put in a different final otherwise you could affect other drivers points :(

SimonW
13-12-2013, 06:22 PM
you would be able to race with BB but you would not score points - just tell them when you bookin at race control, however, you may get put in a different final otherwise you could affect other drivers points :(

It's a Schumacher sponsored event, NO BB's allowed. The silvers do work well @ Ipswich too. If you need a PT i have one you could borrow.

Huckster522
14-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi,

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon

Just to answer your questions.

At this moment unless you can borrow a transponder from somebody, you will need your own, as the club transponders are currently unavailable.

Ballistic buggy tyres on the rear axle are not allowed but are fine on the front, so you will need to purchase some Schumacher mini spikes for the rear.

and lastly if you have been a BRCA member in the past and have held a BRCA membership then you will HAVE to be a BRCA member to race tomorrow.

The three race visits rule is in place for new racers, and is not in place for people who have been BRCA members in the past and not renewed.

Adrian

racingdwarf
14-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks Dan.

Simon

Hi simon

If you do come I have a spare PT also if you are running the kyosho I think I have some used silvers on kyosho rims, but definatly have yellows, same if your running the 22;)

JBL
15-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Great days racing (well the two rounds I managed), many thanks to the team including Margaret and Richard for keeping us fed and watered.

A wipeout in the final left a bitter taste, but generally good clean racing throughout.

Well done to the winners John Spencer 2wd and Joe C Cup 4wd.

simonrhart
18-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks guys for the offers.

I decided to go to Coastal in the end. Will come down to Stotfold in the new year.

Cheers
Simon