PDA

View Full Version : my CRT RTR

jimmy
07-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Just got my paint tonight to finish off painting the shell that Jason @ JConcepts kindly sent me for my CRT RTR truck and thought I'd show it since I spent so long masking and painting this (and I dont like painting). Masking is 100% designed on the computer and plotter cut, even the lights, which took a while.
Decals are all plotter cut.

Main paint is createx transparent red - backed with faskrome (as sugested by DCM).

[/URL][URL="http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/crtnewpaint.jpg"]http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/crtnewpaint.jpg (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/crtnewpaint.jpg)

Not very daring or exciting I know, but hey.

p.s. when we goin for a race then Barney ?

ashleyb4
07-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Very nice jimmy nice and shiny. hehe:) :cool:

A :cool:

jimmy
07-11-2006, 11:10 PM
wont be much left of it after the first time round a track tho:rolleyes:

DCM
07-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Jim, simple jobs ALWAYS look the best!!!

Chris Doughty
08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
looks Cool Jimmy!!!

one thing though, you really needed to make different 'Buggy King' stickers, surely it needs to be 'Truggy King' ? :)

jimmy
08-11-2006, 08:43 AM
:shock: you're right!

Chris Doughty
08-11-2006, 09:02 AM
you had better fire up that printer again Jimmy! :)

you could even make some 'rebel' or 'graffiti' style ones where buggy is crossed out and truggy scibbled over the top.

it also deserves some seriously cool looking Proline numbers too! they are the business!

DCM
08-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Talking of stickies, will grab you on MSN later Jim, Mate... best buddy.... :D

_JP_
08-11-2006, 11:41 AM
looks ace, pitty that nitro fuel gona eat the paint :p

jimmy
08-11-2006, 11:46 AM
yea there is that haha..
Steve, does this faskoat stuff hold up to the fuel ok ? I gave it a couple of coats.
just wanna race the thing now

DCM
08-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Faskoat is good, but Nitro Blocker is far better and easier to use (spray can instead of trying to put treacle through the airbrush)

PaulRotheram
08-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Talking of stickies, will grab you on MSN later Jim, Mate... best buddy.... :D

Back of the que ;)

Top job as always Jimmy, the chrome looks a better quality from your other stuff hey!

jimmy
08-11-2006, 02:20 PM
This stuff isn't as smooth, got a slight "spangle" to it, but that makes it brighter - plus it stays on which is a plus! haha. looks nice behind the translucent colours I have to say.
still, 13 quid for three lil pots of paint, someones having a laugh.

telboy
08-11-2006, 06:18 PM
hey jimmy,

where did you get the createx stuff from?

What plotter do you use? and also, what do you use to do your stickers?

just being nosey.

nice job by the way, looks similar to a design that i did for someone earlier in the year. works realy well.

can't help thinking that it looks like a 1/18th scale :D

jimmy
08-11-2006, 06:35 PM
lol
The angle and the depth of field do give it a small look dont they! haha

I use a Graphtec plotter (600mm wide cut) for my plotting fun, the printer is a friends Gerber.

Steve gave me some links to Createx paints, I got a couple of paints from them (I cant remember the links)
But I also bought some in Canada when I was on holiday - nice and cheap. I have a decent range of paints now but you can never have too many - just a shame createx is hard to find in the shops and faskolor is so expensive.

telboy
08-11-2006, 09:20 PM
ooh graphtec......(sad mode coming up)........

....thats what I use at work, but weve got the BIG mother version! :D Have you got one at home? or at work?

We've got a kick ass cadet solvent printer that i do stickers on....just don't have time to do any. haha.

How would you compare the createx to faskolor?
I get my faskolor from the US, as it works out at about £1.40 a bottle if you buy enough. I just can't get to grips with getting it fine enough through the airbrush.

jimmy
08-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Createx and faskolor as the same thing afaik, I mean literally the same. Different label.

I bought 10 pots of the faskolor from usa ages ago and it worked out about 2.80 a bottle with shipping, still vastly cheaper than here. Createx can be had cheaper.
For bulk its ok to buy abroad but for 3 paints its not worth it

Graphtec is sat here next to me at home, I don't do a lot of stuff, but its useful for doing stuff when I want it.
Never used a solvent printer, would like a go at doing some stuff - im sure I could do some nice stickys- would even consider it as a career change, but not decided what I wanna do for a job yet! haha, 33 and still no clue.

:D

telboy
08-11-2006, 11:34 PM
haha, snap!

one bit of advice....don't get into printing!
I'm trying to get out of it!

anyway, nice car ;)

_JP_
09-11-2006, 01:40 AM
Jimmy what about that Fender Bender stuff you can get, does that help with the fuel???

I think CML import it?

telboy
09-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Mr booth uses the fendermender on his shells to stop the paintbeing effected by fuel. It does kill the chrome though.:(