PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 4?

reg
26-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Has anyone played battlefield 4 yet,I'm on PS4 but I'm sure the story and game play is the same on the 3,I loved battlefield 2 but thought 3 was a crap story and the online wasn't as good,and I'd finished it in no time,

DAVO
26-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Its unreal on next generation consoles mate buy it it's almost as good as pc

reg
26-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks Dave,
It was more the gameplay and story telling I'm wanting to know about,
Playing kill zone at the min and it's a load of shite! :(

DynaMight
26-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Single player isnt great, its all about the multiplayer. I wouldnt even bother purchasing BF4 just for the single player.

Rich D
26-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Get yourself COD Ghosts. Multiplayer is awesome.

reg
27-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Get yourself COD Ghosts. Multiplayer is awesome.

I can't stand the gun and run,that's why I like battlefield as you work as a team,I'll admit the single player in COD is always good,

StevenBest
28-12-2013, 12:02 AM
I do love the game but coming from COD where you just rush about flicking from side to side, spitting your gun at people its a tad different. It really shows in my K/D were on COD it was like 2.2 and on BF4...
61385:lol:

DAVO
28-12-2013, 01:14 AM
K/D not important on bf4 mate squad score is and flags captured and spm.. In BF games you can get the least kills on your team in a round but still get the highest score on your team by taking the objective helping your squad ammo heals revies spotting repairing vehicles etc

nelson
28-12-2013, 09:08 AM
I just found some information about a new shooter video game. I did not played the yet. I just found some information about it that Battlefield 4 is a first-person shooter video game developed by EA Digital Illusions. It was released on October 29, 2013. I want to play this game; is there any gamer who had played this game? Guide me about it. Is this interesting and what are its playing strategies?

Richard Lowe
28-12-2013, 01:06 PM
BF4 is all about the multiplayer, I've been through the single player but only to unlock some guns for multiplayer.

Anyone else play on PC?

Dombrasky
28-12-2013, 05:14 PM
yep got it for xmas, done the single player in 3 evenings... as above its more of a multiplayer designed game

PaulRotheram
28-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Paul8700

im on PC - the only way to play ;)

StevenBest
29-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Paul8700

Agreed

reg
29-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Paul8700

Not if you like to lay on the sofa and play on a HD1080p wide screen tv :)

DynaMight
29-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Dont agree with this PC elitism. I had BF3 on the PC and Xbox 360, lack of players was the problem with the old gen consoles, meaning Conquest was useless but Rush was still very good. Now I've got BF4 on the PC and PS4, both are 64 players so on par. Graphically the PS4 is very good, it's a match for the PC unless you have top of the range £1500+ setup running on Ultra. I'm sure they could make a £1500 PS4/Xbox One that would smash any current PC :thumbsup: but you'd never build a £350/400 PC that could match the nextgen consoles.

Yes, I'm more accurate/quicker with a keyboard/mouse, but I can still do everything on the controller and everyone is on the same playing field anyway.

coolcars782
29-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Dont agree with this PC elitism. I had BF3 on the PC and Xbox 360, lack of players was the problem with the old gen consoles, meaning Conquest was useless but Rush was still very good. Now I've got BF4 on the PC and PS4, both are 64 players so on par. Graphically the PS4 is very good, it's a match for the PC unless you have top of the range £1500+ setup running on Ultra. I'm sure they could make a £1500 PS4/Xbox One that would smash any current PC :thumbsup: but you'd never build a £350/400 PC that could match the nextgen consoles.

Yes, I'm more accurate/quicker with a keyboard/mouse, but I can still do everything on the controller and everyone is on the same playing field anyway.

:lol: http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

Watch this first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUhdL-ITG-M&list=PLgYEU1QvJOL8aO5pYUTZya6VokBf_EtT3

you'd never build a £350/400 PC that could match the nextgen consoles

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGrvRItaCDY

and finally..

Not if you like to lay on the sofa and play on a HD1080p wide screen

Steam Box or Steam Big Picture ;)

DynaMight
29-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGrvRItaCDY

That spec of PC is barely going to get 40FPS on low @ 1080p in most games for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Wknhzgb_0 20-30FPS on low. That would not be playable. 720p may get 40-60FPS possibly.

Graphically it'll not be able to compete with a nextgen console. My current PC is a AMD FX8320 @ 4Ghz & AMD 7850 and can happily do BF4 @ 1080p @ 80-100FPS, doesnt look as good as the PS4 and costs more than £400 to build.

Dont get me wrong, I've always gamed on PC and love FPS games but the nextgen consoles offer great value for money with lovely visuals, all in a box not much larger than a Bluray player.

StevenBest
29-12-2013, 06:06 PM
That spec of PC is barely going to get 40FPS on low @ 1080p in most games for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Wknhzgb_0 20-30FPS on low. That would not be playable. 720p may get 40-60FPS possibly.

Graphically it'll not be able to compete with a nextgen console. My current PC is a AMD FX8320 @ 4Ghz & AMD 7850 and can happily do BF4 @ 1080p @ 80-100FPS, doesnt look as good as the PS4 and costs more than £400 to build.

Dont get me wrong, I've always gamed on PC and love FPS games but the nextgen consoles offer great value for money with lovely visuals, all in a box not much larger than a Bluray player.

I'd say on Ultra the PC is actually better than the PS4. But as people have said, who's got +£1500 that they are willing to spend to play a £40 game when you could spend the money on RC :thumbsup: Average spec gaming PC will do for me on medium/high graphics and at 1080p it's still better than COD :lol:

FuNkY FrOg
30-12-2013, 04:22 PM
£1500 to play BF4 on ultra. LOL.
I built my son a pc for half that and it runs ultra with a steady 60fps.
I spent more on my own pc (not £1500 mind) and can run 120fps on a 120hz monitor.
Once you experience 120fps there is no going back to 60fps which is all consoles can do.
If you can't afford to upgrade your pc then a ps4 is good bang for the buck!

cigbunt
30-12-2013, 07:37 PM
£1500 to play BF4 on ultra. LOL.
I built my son a pc for half that and it runs ultra with a steady 60fps.
I spent more on my own pc (not £1500 mind) and can run 120fps on a 120hz monitor.
Once you experience 120fps there is no going back to 60fps which is all consoles can do.
If you can't afford to upgrade your pc then a ps4 is good bang for the buck!

what gpu is in that??

i agree you don't have to spend 1500 to get a decent pc, especially if you look around for deals or buy used!

i recently downgraded my pc (which ran @ ultra) and bought a ps4.. beauty of pc's is that there always getting better so if i wanted to rebuild it would just be better next time i did it.

ps4 running bf4 is decent tho I'm just not as good on it as i was on the pc (but generally everyone isn't as good so its ok lol)

my psn mrg12eg

DAVO
30-12-2013, 08:04 PM
The best bit about playing bf4 on consoles is that it's a level playing field no one has a better gaming system than the one your playing on........ Shame my internet is 2 fing mb though lol

If anyone wants to add my gamer tag on xb1 BADOBSES1ON I usually play after around 10pm on a night and play conquest

FuNkY FrOg
30-12-2013, 09:04 PM
what gpu is in that??

i agree you don't have to spend 1500 to get a decent pc, especially if you look around for deals or buy used!

i recently downgraded my pc (which ran @ ultra) and bought a ps4.. beauty of pc's is that there always getting better so if i wanted to rebuild it would just be better next time i did it.

ps4 running bf4 is decent tho I'm just not as good on it as i was on the pc (but generally everyone isn't as good so its ok lol)

my psn mrg12eg
I stuck a GTX 780 (£379) in my sons pc with an i7 3770k (£200) - runs ultra, smooth as butter.
In about a year when the GTX 780s drop in price I will stick another in there for sli.
I already have two GTX 780s in mine and bf4 runs at 120fps no problem.

StevenBest
30-12-2013, 10:44 PM
what gpu is in that??

my psn mrg12eg

I've noticed that. Coming from PS3 were the gamers were pretty standard, it's hard to stand up against the more 'hardcore' players. Maybe that explains my K/D:lol:

Richard Lowe
31-12-2013, 12:01 AM
The thing to remember is that 'low' on the consoles and 'low' on the PC are totally different, from what I've seen of the game running on all the hardware low on the PC looks better than either of the consoles. I'm not against a box in front of your TV for stuff like racing games and single player stuff but for multiplayer FPS you just have to have a KB/mouse to play with. Whenever I see BF4 gameplay on the consoles it's hard not to laugh at how slow and clunky it is!
Spec wise the new consoles are like a mid/low end gaming PC from a couple of years ago and it'd be dead easy to build a PC from parts for similar hardware cost. The only thing that would push the price up is the operating system, which obviously MS and Sony don't really have to factor in as much.

Paul - I'll get you added on Battlelog tomorrow :)

DynaMight
31-12-2013, 10:23 AM
The thing to remember is that 'low' on the consoles and 'low' on the PC are totally different, from what I've seen of the game running on all the hardware low on the PC Iooks better than either of the consoles. I'm not against a box in front of your TV for stuff like racing games and single player stuff but for multiplayer FPS you just have to have a KB/mouse to play with. Whenever I see BF4 gameplay on the consoles it's hard not to laugh at how slow and clunky it is!
Spec wise the new consoles are like a mid/low end gaming PC from a couple of years ago and it'd be dead easy to build a PC from parts for similar hardware cost. The only thing that would push the price up is the operating system, which obviously MS and Sony don't really have to factor in as much.

Paul - I'll get you added on Battlelog tomorrow :)

Theres no denying the specs on the Xbox One/PS4 are not the latest and great Intel I7/AMD or nVidia greatest graphic card but they dont need to be. If you built a PC to the same hardware specs as the current consoles it would no way run BF4 @ 1080p. It's always been the way, PC has always required faster hardware due to the lack of optimisation.

Maybe 18 months ago, I briefly had a AMD X4 @ 3.6Ghz and an oldish ATI 4670 512MB graphics card (plus 4GB ram) the CPU wasnt bad but the graphics card wasnt great. If you compare that to a Xbox 360, its much better. The GPU on the Xbox is about the same as an X1800, a fair few generations older, since it was made in 2005. Anyway, I ran BF3 on my PC and 720p on lowest settings I struggled to get 20FPS, it looked terrible and was unplayable. I had BF3 on the Xbox and that ran smooth (Only 30FPS but still smooth imo) plus it looked better due to upscaling. Get an early P4 CPU & a ATI X1800 GPU with 512MB ram, I bet you dont get over 5FPS in BF3.

All I'm saying is that hardware doesn't really mean a lot as consoles are massively optimised. Once again, I'm no console fanboy, I've always had PC's and game just as much on the PC than I do on the console, loads more the past year when the old gen consoles got a little too dated.

Richard Lowe
31-12-2013, 01:26 PM
...consoles are massively optimised...
That used to be the case back in the original Playstation days when everything was running custom hardware and software. The current consoles are just x86 boxes running a Sony skinned version of BSD in the case of the PS4 and Windows 8.1 in the case of the XBox One (well, technically it's running Hyper-V with virtual instances of 8.1 running on top of that).
Both have AMD APU's (which have a beefier GPU portion than the APU's you can buy from AMD for PC's) which are addressed by the OS using AMD's 'Mantle' AFAIK, which bypasses the DirectX API used with Windows and eliminates a bit of overhead - AMD is introducing Mantle to PC's now on it's latest graphics cards which are related to the console's APU's so that's all the console 'optimisation' gone pretty much.

Given no OS cost I could easily build a PC that'd run BF4 at 1080P/60FPS for less than the price of the consoles ;)

reg
31-12-2013, 05:09 PM
This all very well,but most people couldn't or even understand what your on about :)
You could argue the same goes for the RC cars we buy :)

cigbunt
31-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Given no OS cost I could easily build a PC that'd run BF4 at 1080P/60FPS for less than the price of the consoles ;)

im not disagreeing with you fully but i do think you've under cut the new consoles.

put your money where your mouth is and spec a pc for less than a ps4.. that will be capable of 1080p

i dont think this is impossible but it may be interesting for others...