PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still using a tc02c

adey
02-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Hi all, I just wondered if anyone is still using the tc02c and how they are getting on with the car against the new crop of cars. Also, I have spaced my motor further towards the centre using longer screws and spacers in the gearbox and found the spur and slipper now hits the body so any alternative body suggestions which may fit would be appreciated. Thanks

Rchobbysyd
02-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Yes we are :-) Its still the best car for dirt and medium traction tracks.

mjbtaco
02-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Definitely still use the TC02C and I recommend you move the motor back and use a shorty pack down the center to better balance the car. Ours have been working great on medium bite tracks that way.

adey
03-01-2014, 01:01 AM
I tried this configuration a while ago. It worked great on carpet. I went back to the saddle lipo layout when I ran it outdoor as it was slippy and I felt it easier to drive faster. I have a tm2 but just like the tc02c. I haven't tried big bores on it though. May give them a go on it.

VintageRacer
03-01-2014, 01:40 PM
To fit the shorty like that did you have to remove some of the chassis? If so, did that reduce stiffness?

I was pondering fitting a shorty transfers and having the option to move it forward or back. Would need to remove some of the battery strap to make space for the connectors though. Anyone tried that?

adon30
03-01-2014, 03:33 PM
To fit the shorty like that did you have to remove some of the chassis? If so, did that reduce stiffness?

I was pondering fitting a shorty transfers and having the option to move it forward or back. Would need to remove some of the battery strap to make space for the connectors though. Anyone tried that?

I have a cut out tc02 chassis if you wanted to play around with it rather than cutting yours. It's just sat in a box.
Not sure when I'm next over kiddie way. Sure the mam's over there soon.

mjbtaco
03-01-2014, 04:45 PM
I actually felt the opposite lol I thinks its easier to drive at my local outdoor track with the shorty pack this way.

You have to trim a small slot in the front of the battery tray to get the shorty to fit. I didnt notice any difference in stiffness. You can also switch back to the saddle configuration at any time.

I will try to make a setup sheet. It has been working extremely well for me.