PDA

View Full Version : Spring and Damper Settings

DaveG28
02-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering what spring/damper setups everyone has been trying, have you been using Sworkz springs and if not have you been going harder or softer with the none Sworkz springs you have tried?

Damping wise how many of you are drilling out the white pistons holes? I have noticed some "bounce" at the front using 400cst...am wondering if you guys are running harder than this? (Bounce suggests underd damped right?)

rcpower
02-01-2014, 06:53 PM
On high grip astro I currently use:
400cps oil in front - 350cps in rear.
Stock pistons
red kit spring in front - red losi spring in rear
cut bladders(emulsion)

My car runs with saddles and comes in at around 1800gr.
To me this shock setup feels really good.

When I have some more time I will be modifying some pistons (glueing 1 or 2 holes and redrilling)

spennyy2k
02-01-2014, 07:07 PM
2 hole 1.4mm with 35wt and red springs up front and 3 hole 1.3mm and 300cst rears with pink springs

orinoco
13-01-2014, 09:38 AM
I was racing yesterday on a mix of polished wood/carpet and I was using the kit black pistons (these required a bit of sanding to fit in the bore of the damper), smaller holed of the A or B piston on front and larger holed of the two on the rear, cant remember which is which just now, 35wt Associated oil all round, Sworkz red spring front and pink rear, bladders cut out to make emulsion style shocks. The car was very compliant and felt so easy to drive on this surface.