PDA

View Full Version : Taranis problems.

Colinevan
06-01-2014, 12:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMXO1OBIeBI

Poor vid taken off my phone but it highlights the display problem of going dim more than anything.

I had a few issues with my Taranis these being the following.

1- The speaker clicks away every second or so at a low volume all the time, its like the old 90s football results appearing on the tv when the cursor was making a noise ( anyone else remember that or have a clue what im on about ha ha ).
2- The display appears shadowy - camera struggles to pick that up , but its like blocky at times when there is a lot of lcd background to fill.
3- As per the video - sometimes it powers up so dim that you cant read it.
4- The gimbal figures don't keep still, admittedly on this video they weren't really ,ovong nut when I first powered it up they were all over the place.

Not really happy so far with mine, was purchased in the uk but theres no stock to replace it with so im unsure on what to do.

How are you guys finding yours ?

Col.

neallewis
06-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Hi Col,

watched video and couldn't see the problem sorry. Have you messed with the contrast? if anything the contrast setting looks out.

Have you flashed new/latest firmware?

Neal.

Colinevan
10-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Just an update.

Managed to drop off the radio at T9 and they were shut lol. Oops my fault. Took a special trip up there when I had a few hours free.

Dropped it off at a nearby unit instead and got a phone call from Richard a few hours later with a replacement on its way.

My unit did have a few faults and so was just replaced.:thumbsup:

neallewis
10-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Just an update.

Managed to drop off the radio at T9 and they were shut lol. Oops my fault. Took a special trip up there when I had a few hours free.

Dropped it off at a nearby unit instead and got a phone call from Richard a few hours later with a replacement on its way.

My unit did have a few faults and so was just replaced.:thumbsup:

Ah good service. They are only open a few hours 1-4.30 each day for sending out orders. Good shop though, their new unit is very well stocked. I popped in between xmas and new year. They were stacked up with xmas taranis orders being sent out.