PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Emails

Lee
23-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Right Conputer Guru`s/ Whizz`s

The Ex has managed to get into my Email (hotmail) account and has deleted every email that has come from her, some of these were to be used in court etc and my solicitor and barrister require them, in there was also some personal information such as my contract details and details of cars i was looking to buy and quotes so now she knows my financial situation :cry:

Is there anyway i can get these emails back?

DCM
23-09-2008, 08:00 AM
you can try contacting MSN and explain the situation, and they should have them on a server at some point, but apart from that, I don't think there is much chance. Also, change your password, but you know that I guess!

dave g
23-09-2008, 08:06 AM
she wouldnt be able to use that info from those emails in court as she obtained them illegally didnt she..i mean you didnt give her permission to use that account did you?

Lee
23-09-2008, 08:09 AM
No she has also been opening my mail etc.

She just deleted it all so its my word against hers and i have no proof of threats or accusations :thumbdown:

Southwell
23-09-2008, 08:10 AM
You can try contacting MSN but i doubt you would get much joy out of them unless it was a court order.

DCM
23-09-2008, 08:12 AM
is she in your home? how does she have access to your mail, contact MSN ASAP and bring it up with them, they maybe able to help? If you do get access, download the emails and print them out/save them.

If she has accessed them, then she can't use them in civil proceedings though, although it may give her information for her solicitor to follow up in a legal manner.

Lee
23-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Yes she is currently living there being awkward, the only reason i cant get shut of her is because of the little one.

I have even moved in my brother and his girlfriend so no accusations can be made etc, this has all got a bit messy.

DCM
23-09-2008, 08:42 AM
it is your house, through your employment isn't it? Maybe it is time to play tough, even set her up in a flat?

Lee
23-09-2008, 08:58 AM
I have offered her one of my flats and sign it over to her but she will not accept it, she doesnt want me to know where she is living, so she is just playing games.

I am told she has got one lined up. :thumbsup:

Her solicitor is also telling her what she wants to hear and it obviously playing the game so she can earn a bit of cash too. Whist mine are charging £230 an hour and barristers are £1500 a day +vat and expenses :thumbdown:

peetbee
23-09-2008, 08:59 AM
You might think it's over the top, but it could be worth checking back through your posts on forums too. Just to make sure there's nothing on there that could be of use to her.

I hope she's not going to try and get at you by stopping your little one seeing you. Good luck.

niggs98
23-09-2008, 09:02 AM
looks like she has ya by the balls m8 best u speak to your solicitor to see if there is anything you can do and email hotmail explaining the situation keeping everything crossed that u get a sympathetic ear. if u do get them back save them to something u can hide or keep at work so she cant get her grubby mitts on it or she will ride ya bare back all the way through the courts

and if ya have some flats then to make things safer for you why not use one yaself. and tell her to pay the morgage on the house. she will kick up a right stink and you will prob be forced to pay it but it will stress her for a bit at least and not give her the time to think up the ways that she is to stitch u up quite so much

Lee
23-09-2008, 09:23 AM
I hope she's not going to try and get at you by stopping your little one seeing you. Good luck.

Thats exactly what she is doing mate, you wouldnt believe some of the accusations made against me. oh and she wants another 7k now just because her solicitor thinks it would be nice for her :lol:

jordi15
23-09-2008, 09:33 AM
It is possible to get hold of email recovery software .... the police use it to recover data all the time

Unfortunately I cant be any more help than that coz I dont know where to get hold of it

Good luck matey

Southwell
23-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Hotmail stuff is held on their servers, not on the client PC. PC data recovery is easy.

Richard Lowe
23-09-2008, 09:40 AM
It's stored on Microsoft's servers as it's webmail, there wont be anything left on Lee's computer to salvage.

How old were the emails? They will have been archived/backed up at some point, I'm sure they will get deleted after a while but you never know.

Lee
23-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Well i have contacted MSN support, ill see what they can do, hopefully it can be found.

:)

Southwell
23-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Did you phone or email? You may find it best to battle your way through the indian call centres if you get no luck.

Lee
23-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Couldnt find a number i cant access msn from my work pc so it was on the iphone.

Rich they were from june/july:(

Southwell
23-09-2008, 09:49 AM
They probably have a legal obligation to store emails for a certain amount of time. Im not sure how american law works.

Southwell
23-09-2008, 09:51 AM
It's 7 years they have to keep them for. The solicitors will be able to re-send the emails they have sent you. If you wanna go far you could go to the police.

Lee
23-09-2008, 09:53 AM
none of them were from the solicitors luckily it was just an account in which she had said stuff over email which would have been damaging to her.

niggs98
23-09-2008, 10:18 AM
might pay you to inform the police of this as it will start to show things about her character that she dont want out. proving it was her will be virtually imposible but will make her think twice next time

Lee
23-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah i dont actually know she had done it until she proudly informed me last night :lol:

Luckily though, there is a red toy on the horizon :thumbsup:

telboy
23-09-2008, 10:49 AM
No she has also been opening my mail etc.

I'm sure its actually a criminal offence to open someone elses private mail.:thumbdown:

Lee
23-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah she just says its the little one, but i find it amazing how kids know which envelopes contain bank/contract details :lol:

Kecky
23-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Is it a spanked Bottom :o

Luckily though, there is a red toy on the horizon :thumbsup:[/quote]

Wraggy
23-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah she just says its the little one, but i find it amazing how kids know which envelopes contain bank/contract details :lol:
Lee cant you get a Po Box address and get all mail diverted to there so you can pick it up ?

dave g
23-09-2008, 11:37 AM
or just put one of those metal cages over the letterbox inside the door and padlock it to keep the bitch out..

Lee
23-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I`m going to have to wraggy, its all just a bit crap, i didnt think anyone would sink that low :)

I dont like to make bold statements but......... Women are weird and a bit nuts :lol:

Southwell
23-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Send a parcel addressed to you, to her with a 'present'* in it.

*Im sure you can think of some fun ones!

Lee
23-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Someone send me a dog turd :lol:

It`s embarrassing really because when i speak to people who are sending me mail i have to ask if it will have a stamp on the envelope so she cant tell who its from :thumbdown:

Hopefully she should be out within the week though :thumbsup:

telboy
23-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I`m going to have to wraggy, its all just a bit crap, i didnt think anyone would sink that low :)

You'd be surprised how bad people are when you get on their wrong side...or should I say, when they put you on their wrong side.

Lee
23-09-2008, 03:46 PM
people get funny over money too Tel, i didnt really think it would bother people that much. The funny thing is that she has not worked for the last 5 years but expects thousands from me :confused:

WHY?? :lol:

telboy
23-09-2008, 03:48 PM
WHY?? :lol:

...because her solicitor tells her she's got a right to it.:thumbdown:

Lee
23-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Exactly Tel,

Her solicitor is telling her exactly what she wants to hear.

I just received a response from microsoft and they said the emails were deleted deliberately. (no Shit sherlock, she did it)

Its a bit of a ball ache but i have asked them to investigate further

DCM
23-09-2008, 04:03 PM
time to start looking at some creative accounting and off-shoring your money dude!!

Lee
23-09-2008, 04:12 PM
already done but she opened the letter so she knows about it although she does not know any of the details ;)

Rich D
23-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Good luck mate, too many women like her make a career out of fleecing guys like you and i ! :thumbdown:

Fairs fair with the little one etc, but come on !

It makes my blood boil, i feel for you, been there a while back to a lesser degree !

See you at Worksop :thumbsup:

clarey
23-09-2008, 04:27 PM
bit late now, but why didn't you print them out before?

have you checked the deleted items folder too? I would presume she emptied that as well but you never know

Lee
23-09-2008, 04:31 PM
:lol: thanks clare, yes she deleted them too, the hotmail girl cant even find them .

Cheers Rich, see you there.

clarey
23-09-2008, 04:34 PM
always better to check though :)

There must be some way you can get them back, get the solicitors onto msn or something, cos they have to be somewhere still

Lee
23-09-2008, 04:42 PM
seriously clare they are gone , trust me :)

i have asked them to investigate further

clarey
23-09-2008, 04:43 PM
maybe I don't want to trust you :D

I know you can't get them, but surely the powers that be should be able to get them somehow?

Lee
23-09-2008, 04:46 PM
SPAM^^^^^^^^ :lol:

Northy
23-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Lee,

For f**ks sake don't bairn this new bird you've got too! :lol:

G

Lee
23-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Lee,

For f**ks sake don't bairn this new bird you've got too! :lol: