PDA

View Full Version : Slipper Help.

ianski68
08-01-2014, 05:36 PM
How do you set up the slipper on a 4wd buggy?

Darren Boyle
08-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Same as on any buggy Ian, put the car on the track and adjust to suit the conditions/surface at the time until the desired amount of slip/bite is achieved

ianski68
08-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Same as on any buggy Ian, put the car on the track and adjust to suit the conditions/surface at the time until the desired amount of slip/bite is achieved

Hi Darren, the problem is it has always been a grey area for me. with the 22 i just made sure the front did not pop a wheelie. My new car is 4wd so this wont happen, so i guess what i need to know is: Regarding slip how much do or dont i want?

i hope that makes sense:confused:

Darren Boyle
08-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi Darren, the problem is it has always been a grey area for me. with the 22 i just made sure the front did not pop a wheelie. My new car is 4wd so this wont happen, so i guess what i need to know is: Regarding slip how much do or dont i want?

i hope that makes sense:confused:

Same answer above still applies mate, oh..... and 4wd can pop wheelies as well ;-)

cutting42
12-01-2014, 12:53 AM
In a 4WD a slipper is there mainly to protect the transmission. For a car with ball diffs it is there to stop the diff from slipping if you gas it too hard off the line or landing a jump.

With gear diffs there is not the same need so I use it to stop it popping a wheelie :thumbsup:

The advice in the Associated manual was to set it so it slips for a couple of feet off the line on full gas before locking up. As Darren said, this will vary from track to track.

mattr
12-01-2014, 09:25 AM
I set mine so I can just hear a chirp from it off the line. When I'm using a "normal" amount of throttle.
Can still pop a wheelie on the straight, if I have too much boost or turbo.