PDA

View Full Version : proline pin point tyres

Loheswaran
08-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Has anyone tried these tyres vis a vis against Schumacher Yellow mini pins for indoor racing. If so what are your thoughts?

Darren Boyle
08-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Yes we have at our club and sadly they were quite disappointing and not as good as the Schumacher versions.

Side bite, with their flatter profile was far lower and wear rate on medium to low bite carpet was very high (one run and they were extremely worn)

We had hoped they may have been an alternative to Schumacher to offer the racers more choice, but in our case sadly not, in fact the Ballistic Buggy White Minipins were a better option than these for our requirements but these too were still not quite as good as the Schumacher's

Loheswaran
08-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Hi Darren

that is a shame. I did try a set of dboots blockpass pronts with some schumacher minipin rears - and I found it made my dex 210 very consistent, and the wear rate was pretty good. That said, I did some set up changes, and used them back to back with the Schumacher cut staggers - and dun dun dah... I wish I had used the schumacher tyres all day!

One thing with the D-Boots - they have a good wear rate - I was hoping that the prolines might be the ticket with wear rates at least.

The reason I keep looking for alternatives is that i am jinxed with all things Schumacher - tyres as well:cry:

if you have any suggestions let me know.

Thanks for reading my post

Lohan

racingdwarf
09-01-2014, 12:54 AM
The reason I keep looking for alternatives is that i am jinxed with all things Schumacher - tyres as well

Glad I'm not the only one:lol:

/tobys
09-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Dboots Nanobytes are quite good on carpet; I've run them in A compound before with yellow cut staggers on the front. They also work quite well on short pile astro...

Not compared them to Yellow mini pins, which I would expect to be faster.

OneKiwi
09-01-2014, 10:20 AM
And EOS have them as control tyres... awesome way to take that exposure of a small company to the giant PL

Darren Boyle
09-01-2014, 12:56 PM
And EOS have them as control tyres... awesome way to take that exposure of a small company to the giant PL

Thing is, as a control tyre, everyone will be the same and indeed most of the top European (and US/Japanese) drivers will have the knowledge to get their cars best dialled in for that tyre.

But when being compared to the Schumachers, where choice is allowed and tyres are not restricted or controlled, the Schumachers appear far superior, certianly they were at our venue at least and several others we have spoken to also

Loheswaran
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM
The reason I keep looking for alternatives is that i am jinxed with all things Schumacher - tyres as well

Glad I'm not the only one:lol:

Could just be that I am a rubbish driver and try to find other things to blame:D

JohnM
09-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Could just be that I am a rubbish driver and try to find other things to blame:D

He might be a three eyed, seven toed dwarf fron Norfolk, but Dave is far from being a rubbish driver;)

lewise
09-01-2014, 05:19 PM
I understand that PL have a new compound on its way, which should address the problems mentioned above.

Loheswaran
10-01-2014, 04:05 PM
He might be a three eyed, seven toed dwarf fron Norfolk, but Dave is far from being a rubbish driver;)

I was talking about myself - who is rubbish at this off road malarky - truth be told I'm not much better with a 1/12 or a TC:D

racingdwarf
10-01-2014, 04:43 PM

Just seen this.I am moved by the compliment to my driving John,thank you!

……You long haired suffolk troll:D

JohnM
10-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Just seen this.I am moved by the compliment to my driving John,thank you!

……You long haired suffolk troll:D

Nothing but respect Dave:thumbsup: