PDA

View Full Version : HOOVERING

zoaman
25-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Its just a thought ,but it was mentioned last night about how much the track(carpet) needs a hoover. As with a lot of the belt driven buggies there seems to be a lot of debris gathering about the underside of the belts on the gearing ect. not only them but I have noticed a lot of like a gritty substance(sand) all over the car, not just carpet fibres. I know they are off road and all that, but some don't use them outside ever. So ,and I don't mind helping, is there a way that we can hoover the carpet once it has been laid and before the track is set.... or not?;)

Balders
25-01-2014, 07:31 PM
yeah it can be hoovered.. Prob not a bad idea as we have done it in the past before Sunday events but haven't done so of late since we flipped the carpets.

Are you volunteering mate? :)

I promise not to get a picture and send it to your wife!

zoaman
25-01-2014, 08:56 PM
hi mike yes is there a hoover there or bring my own ones. I can get there early on Friday to help. but would need someone to open up earlier

brian s
25-01-2014, 09:11 PM
the gritty substance you refer to is dust from the gravel in the hoses.
as the hose splits it allows this to escape in small amounts over the carpet, i tape them up as much as possible when laying out the track.

zoaman
26-01-2014, 12:26 AM
this will prob explain the sandy substrate. however can we make arrangements top clean the carpets. I don't think its a immediate issue just something that needs attention in the future

brian s
26-01-2014, 12:28 PM
the hose will need to be replaced to solve the problem, but agree that the carpet requires hoovering. Pete, is there a vacuum cleaner kept there to clean the other rooms

zoaman
05-02-2014, 05:00 PM
brian r u going to be setting up on Friday, if so what you getting there as will make a start with the hoover.

brian s
05-02-2014, 05:28 PM
will see if i can get there before 5-30

peetbee
05-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Hello, yes we have the trusty old Vax vacuum in the other cupboard.
We're probably overdue a clean up, the problem has always been time, as ideally you need to do it before the track is laid as vacuum cleaner's don't like the jumps!
I'll see if I can arrange to get the other cupboard keys (Jackie doesn't have them) but not sure what time I'll be able to get them.

zoaman
05-02-2014, 08:16 PM
hi pete and brian. I can get there early with brian.and I have a hoover to bring with me so if I get there for 5 is tha ok.then if we lay out the carpet first I can get to work whilst the rest of the track is laid.

welshcarter2012
05-02-2014, 08:24 PM
If yr desperate si I have Plenty of hoovering u can do !!😉 hope ur all well

brian s
05-02-2014, 09:21 PM
i`ll pick the keys up just after 5 so will be there about 5-15 ish

zoaman
05-02-2014, 10:45 PM
OK BRI WILL BE THERE APROX 5:15 CHEERS