PDA

View Full Version : Winter Series 9 & 10 coming up.

DrPaul
04-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Winter Series Round 9 & 10 THIS Sunday February 9th & 16th

Gates open at 8.30am.

Booking in from 9am - 9.45am with open practice and racing starts around 10am.

4 rounds of 5 minute qualifying and 6 minute finals.

Covered pits.

PLEASE note New Race Fees for 2014 £7 members & £10 non members.

On site cafe with the best full english and bacon & egg rolls at any RC club.

On site ladies and gent toilets.

10th scale 2wd, 4wd & SC trucks and touring cars on the on-road track.

Check out the new website at www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk

South West RC Shop will be on site for any spares etc.

PLEASE contact us to let us know what class you are racing.

We have a limited number of handout transponders so please let us know in advance if you need help.

Please let everyone know!

Dont forget your 2014 BRCA card and £33.00 membership renewal if you havent already, its much cheaper to be a full member!

So who's racing?

Dizzy
06-02-2014, 08:16 AM
I'll be there with car and running gear. What power setup have you got there as I only had enough pennies for the charger and not a power supply.

Please may I reserve a Transponder as well.

Cheers

Dave

blue_pinky
06-02-2014, 10:38 AM
No power on site I'm afraid...though plenty of people have 12v with them...I'm sure someone will let you connect up!

Mine will do it if needs be, you'll just need big croc clips on the input wires on your charger!

PT's are first come first served on the day...but thansk for letting us know you need one. We usually have spares, so shouldn't be an issue.

blue_pinky
06-02-2014, 10:39 AM
WEATHER....

It's looking pretty wet on the forecasts at the mo...surprise surprise...so we'll keep you updated and make a call by early afternoon on Saturday as to what were doing.

Dizzy
06-02-2014, 10:47 AM
No power on site I'm afraid...though plenty of people have 12v with them...I'm sure someone will let you connect up!

Mine will do it if needs be, you'll just need big croc clips on the input wires on your charger!

PT's are first come first served on the day...but thansk for letting us know you need one. We usually have spares, so shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers for the heads up will see if I can get some from maplin.

blue_pinky
07-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Weather update...

I've been down to the track today:

Off-road track...

Water logged in usual places only (bombhole and railway end of straight), we'll clear it first thing on Sunday, racing should be ok...depending on actual weather forecasts on the day.

On-road track...

Very water logged! As much water on track as last race day. Suspect no on-road racing will be on, but we have new pumps and are going to spend the day trying them out to see how effective they are for future events.

Will report back again tomorrow with final decisions on racing!

Dr Fly
08-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Is the shop going to be around?

RobPaynter
08-02-2014, 03:32 PM
We will be track side tomorrow. We will be limited on what we bring so if there is anything in particular you need please get in touch.

jonathan may
08-02-2014, 03:49 PM
do you have any ballistic green rears in case I come weather is not looking good

RobPaynter
08-02-2014, 04:04 PM
do you have any ballistic green rears in case I come weather is not looking good

We will have plenty of greens with us :thumbsup:

Dr Fly
08-02-2014, 04:14 PM
I dont need anything special rob, just some rear inserts. Cheers

blue_pinky
08-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Weather update....TOMORROWS RACING IS OFF

Tracks are both water logged (although off-road track not as bad as the onroad track, and could probably be cleared), but with heavy rain forecast overnight and on an off all day tomorrow it really doesn't look like we'll get a days racing in.

So, to save everyone travelling in bad weather only to stand around under cover for a good part of the day we've decided to call it off.

Apologies for the late call...please let anyone know who you know might have turned up tomorrow.

Hopefully next weekend will see an improvement in the weather.

Sorry folks!

Dr Fly
08-02-2014, 06:03 PM
BOOOOO

blue_pinky
08-02-2014, 06:15 PM
I knew that would cheer you up!!!!

Saves you getting your new car wet though! ;)