PDA

View Full Version : XB4 2WD Outdoors

danDanEFC
10-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Preparing for leaving the dry and warm astro of southport indoors and thinking about summer racing outdoors.

Has anyone run the XB4 2wd outdoors and what did they change when either the astro wasn't 'dead' high grip or even in the rain?

john333
11-02-2014, 09:14 AM
I've run mine at Broxtowe in the frost and then damp when the frost melted, and it was really good with virtually kit set up. All I would change is the +2 rear hangers (put standard ones on) and try it with around 7000 diff oil in.

danDanEFC
11-02-2014, 10:43 AM
I run mine like the book says indoors

Except for 10k oil in diff, shocks on the rear and no roll bars.

So outside I should look

Lighten oil in diff
Put normal rear hangers on

Thanks

john333
11-02-2014, 10:55 AM
yeah, maybe keep the 10,000 diff oil in and try that first

Colin Kirkham
21-02-2014, 05:54 AM
So has anyone else run on wet/damp astro ?
Wondering how the car handled compared with a converted XB4

Gavin Collingwood
21-02-2014, 10:32 AM
I know woody was running basically kit set up with 20,000 oils in and it was flying at Broxtowe on damp astro

tomtom
21-02-2014, 07:59 PM
I run mine on very damp astro and slippery floors.

I was really concerned about its handling on low traction but I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I guess the weight of the car helps too.
Off course like all these kind of chassis layout traction is an issue, not to put power down but at corner exit

On very wet I used 5 deg rear toe, brass rear +2 and corner weights with a big flap wing (New LMR full sides and 4 line gurney).

Will do more work on setup in the next few weeks as Damp astro is all we have to practice but so far on grip 5k was good, run 1k and like it on slippery floors but it seems 5k lock the rear end a little more on the very beginning of the slide on corners but worst to catch up.

I'd like to try a ball diff in those conditions, will not be a huge improvement but might help.

As always I like silver on damp astro but Ballistic help a bit those chassis to gain a bit of forward traction.

Colin Kirkham
03-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Tried mine yesterday at Torch.
I did enjoy driving the car but really struggled with rear end grip :(
Anyone know when the ball diff will be available ?
And does anyone think, if running it, will make much difference on damp low grip astro?

Cheers

luniemiester
03-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Can you post what the setup is you ran as i know the guys at Broxtowe were fast with theirs in wet damp and dry (TQ and win).