PDA

View Full Version : BRCA legal motors & lipos for BRCA events.

DrPaul
26-02-2014, 10:01 AM
You can only run BRCA approved motors & lipos at this years BRCA regional race series if you want points towards your BRCA F grade.

There has been a lot of discussion regarding the use of approved motors & lipos at this years regionals so at Mendip we are going to make sure no-one misses out on racing. If you do not want to claim points towards the BRCA championship and or do not run approved motors or lipos ie Nanotech etc, we will be running our Clubmans series along side the BRCA events in separate heats so no one misses out on racing and so non scoring racers do not affect the BRCA results.

The SW BRCA will be checking all cars entered in the BRCA championship during the meeting so please check the rules. If you are not running the correct motors & lipos you will be disqualified. If disqualified we will not then move you over to the Clubmans races, you need to get your entry right at booking in.

Just let Race Control know BRCA or Clubmans when you are booking in.

See you trackside :)

stevereecekatelyn
04-03-2014, 09:53 AM
hiya
I was just going through the list of lipo stick packs on the brca site and my sons battery is not on the list anymore..he used it at a brca race 2011 and it was on the list then but the new lists don't go back that far.....can he still use it for the brca regional?

DrPaul
04-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Hello Steve,

What is it, and I will have a look? We are also running non BRCA classes on the day to accomodate everyone if your not bothered about scoring BRCA regional points.

If you are trying to score regional points motors and batteries have to be BRCA approved.

stevereecekatelyn
04-03-2014, 10:50 AM
hiya
its a hpi plazma 4000 hard case
was looking for him to do the brca if we can
was hoping to use my core rc 4000 saddle packs but cant find them either?
hope you can help

DrPaul
04-03-2014, 11:55 AM
There are no Core RC saddles on the list. Is the HPI lipo a stick pack? if so there are some HPI stick packs on the archive pages.

Check the archive link below.
http://www.brca.org/content/homologation-lists-2014-updates/14218

stevereecekatelyn
04-03-2014, 12:04 PM
hiya
yes it is a stick pack...ive looked on the archive and it is there,...does that mean hes ok to still use that battery?

blue_pinky
04-03-2014, 12:12 PM
My understanding is that as long as it has been BRCA approved in previous years then that approval still stands.

So I would say he'd be fine :)

stevereecekatelyn
04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
phew.....
ive already gotta buy a motor for him an me....and a new battery for me....saves a bit not having to get him a battery....just to be brca legal.....lol

Mowen208fly
04-03-2014, 01:46 PM
My understanding is that as long as it has been BRCA approved in previous years then that approval still stands.

So I would say he'd be fine :)

Spot on :thumbsup: