PDA

View Full Version : OFF THEIR ROCKERS

MOGGIE XL
05-10-2008, 11:37 AM
The aluminium rocker cranks on my X10 have come off the steel bearing holders.Is there a way to stop this from happening.These parts are brand new and only used for the first time last night.I bought the new ones after this happend to the original ones.Will the X11 ones fit without buying the whole X BRACE.

mro_racing aka Doorbell
05-10-2008, 03:40 PM
yes the x11 1's do fit but you have 2 cut the top of the gearbox so the suspension links dont hit.
but also if u use bearin retainer or loctite and stik them back in
p.s. the x11 rockers do make the car handle better and also gives the frontend more drop witch makes the car easyer to drive but make shore you screw the suspension links on the bottom of the rockes so that u get the drop needed.
ill send you a pic if needed :thumbsup:

MOGGIE XL
05-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the advice.I don't realy want to start chopping bits off the car but I will give the Locktight idea a go.Chears.

ben
05-10-2008, 07:05 PM
yes the x11 1's do fit but you have 2 cut the top of the gearbox so the suspension links dont hit.
but also if u use bearin retainer or loctite and stik them back in
p.s. the x11 rockers do make the car handle better and also gives the frontend more drop witch makes the car easyer to drive but make shore you screw the suspension links on the bottom of the rockes so that u get the drop needed.
ill send you a pic if needed :thumbsup:

Did u gow 2 skool? Tht ise rly ard 2 reed...

mro_racing aka Doorbell
06-10-2008, 04:10 PM
yer did go 2 school but im dyslexic:thumbdown::p

Lee
06-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Ben are you ok on your own or do you need a hand getting your foot out :woot:

niggs98
06-10-2008, 04:27 PM
i will get you a JCB ben you can dif that bloomin deep hole even quicker lmao :thumbsup:

David Church
06-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Ben this does prove that some things are better off NOT said!!!!!:p

migsy
17-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Hi mate.
My X10 done that.i tried to cure it with thread lock, a new gear case and a drop of epoxy. once it starts, you need to fit a x-brace to cure it as when you start messing around with it, it will only hold out for so long as i found out in race meeting.:mad:

Tom3012
17-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi mate.
My X10 done that.i tried to cure it with thread lock, a new gear case and a drop of epoxy. once it starts, you need to fit a x-brace to cure it as when you start messing around with it, it will only hold out for so long as i found out in race meeting.:mad:

I disagree, it used to happen on my X10. I just used to superglue it back in and away we go, no need to buy the x-brace kit (although it is a very good upgrade). Ok so it may pop out from time to time but thats just the way it is, things wear/break with use...