PDA

View Full Version : Next work party weekend coming up…15th & 16th March

blue_pinky
03-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Our first work party weekend was….very badly attended. Other than committee members, there was only 1 other person there to help. The few that did attend did very well with what they could, and some good progress has been made, but it has left us behind on where we need to be to get your club ready for it’s summer calendar AND for all of us to use in general.

A number of factors contributed to the low turnout. We could probably have promoted it more actively and with better notice, and maybe we shouldn’t have planned it for a weekend where so much racing was scheduled (BWOC & Torquay). We were grateful that some people were good enough to let us know they couldn’t make it, but mostly, the call for help went answered.

So…with this in mind, we REALLY NEED YOUR HELP on the next one. The club can only survive if we maintain and improve BOTH tracks and the infrastructure. Without all elements working properly, and the income from events on both tracks, we will not be able to run the club and racing you want.

The committee cannot do it alone, and really need the support of as many members (or anyone for that matter!) as possible. We are all volunteers in this, and without your help we cannot do the things you want us to with the club. The list of jobs we have is long, and will significantly improve the facility for ALL the racers!

Although there is real work to do, work party days can also be a lot of fun too. If your relatively new to us, they give you chance to hang out, meet and talk to other members, and be part of the club and it’s development. Clubs can’t exist without it’s members, so come along and be a part of it…we’ll even provide the tea, coffee and cakes, if a bit of bribery will help ;)

Who's able to come and help?

DrPaul
04-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Just to clarify, we need help with basic stuff such as weeding, grass cutting, scraping off loose paint, rubbing down, a bit of elbow grease but nothing to technical!

Get onboard & help your club/track.

DrPaul
04-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Wire brushes, sandpaper, paint scaper, grass edger, strimmer, what can you bring?

blue_pinky
11-03-2014, 01:32 PM
BIG BUMP on this :thumbsup:

Extra info...

Mike from the cafe will be around on Saturday morning doing work in the cafe/kitchen too....and has offered to do everyone who turns up a free tea/coffee and roll!!!

So...who is able to come along?

So far we have...

Andy
Paul
Kev
Rick
Si O
Dan O (Sunday)
Rob Paynter (Sunday)
Tom Owen (Saturday)
Terry Leach + Grandson (Saturday)

which is a good start....but who else will be there...many hands will make very light work of the jobs that need doing! :thumbsup:

Dr Fly
11-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Count me in for Sat, although i come with no tools as i dont posses any. Please furnish me with sharp and dangerous things.

Tom

blue_pinky
11-03-2014, 03:55 PM
haha...sure we can arm you with something suitable! :woot:

DrPaul
11-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Im in.....come on guys its your club too and we do NEED your help!!
Some weeding, rubbing down, nothing to physical :thumbsup:

Terry.l
11-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I'll be at the club on sat with my grandson to help ,terry leach

blue_pinky
12-03-2014, 08:55 PM
I'll be at the club on sat with my grandson to help ,terry leach

:thumbsup::D