PDA

View Full Version : Will the S500 ever come?

V-Rossi
08-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Reading this: http://www.redrc.net/ where stands that Strenge and Neumann are busy with the newly founded Team Durango, I'm not sure what will happen with the Serpent S500 :eh?:

Lee
08-10-2008, 03:28 PM
In answer to the thread title

NO, the man who was designing it has gone out on his own venture and taken his design with him ;)

GRIFF55
08-10-2008, 03:29 PM
It would be nice to see what they have to offer in the near future, sounds interesting:D

stegger
08-10-2008, 03:41 PM

NO, the man who was designing it has gone out on his own venture and taken his design with him ;)
Didn't aero pinch that:p:p

V-Rossi
08-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Indeed, this was my thought too, maybe they will act as an extern factory for Serpent, like that company that made the TRF416 does for Tamiya? Because you can still see a small Serpent sticker on the body of the car shown in the picture. But maybe it is just a coincidence.

l-u-k-e
08-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Have a look at redrc again and look at picture, they have cut serpent out of the picture! interesting!

SHY
09-10-2008, 12:39 AM
It's gotta be pretty obvious now that Serpent won't make any off-road cars for years to come...

nitrokillah
10-10-2008, 06:07 AM

Or... His services were not needed anymore and costing them to much money .
So , they decided that is would be better of without him, and kept the designs....
(it dosen't look like the S500 in that 'team durango' picture)

It's gotta be pretty obvious now that Serpent won't make any off-road cars for years to come...

Please don't say that man... I still want to believe in it....

SHY
10-10-2008, 08:00 AM
It sounds like Serpent have enough worries on their mind right now... I think they will consolidate and get properly back on their feet before going into the off-road scene. Keep in mind that Serpent has made buggies in the past, and it was not successful...

Also remember that we are entering bad times now, so RC sales will surely go drastically down as well... better stick to what you know best for a while...

That being said there's no patented solutions on the car. So anyone who likes can copy the "design" 100%. You might say that Aero did just that :)

mark christopher
10-10-2008, 05:49 PM

It sounds like Serpent have enough worries on their mind right now... I think they will consolidate and get properly back on their feet before going into the off-road scene. Keep in mind that Serpent has made buggies in the past, and it was not successful...

Also remember that we are entering bad times now, so RC sales will surely go drastically down as well... better stick to what you know best for a while...

That being said there's no patented solutions on the car. So anyone who likes can copy the "design" 100%. You might say that Aero did just that :)

unfortunatly i have to agree that what sly says is to the point and as im informed correct

the good news is serpent are definatly not gone from the RC scene

Chris Doughty
16-10-2008, 03:33 PM
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news/ :(

jimmy
16-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Sad to see them go - wish they had bothered to tell me or pay me the money they owed but I guess I'm not the only one to lose out. Sad to see them go but glad I didn't take up the job offer.

Lee
16-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Thats a shame.

There must be some really cool stuff going up for auction though

SHY
16-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Jimmy, I'm so sorry to hear that!

At least let us see the graphics you've made?

jimmy
16-10-2008, 04:08 PM
I don't wish to dance on their grave - I'm genuinely sad to see them go as I really liked the company and I've been made redundant myself at least three times, so I know how it is. I find the way they dealt with me to be disrespectful and that's just how it is but I'll get over it and I wish everyone that worked there the best.