PDA

View Full Version : What times??

Neil79s
19-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Hi guys thinking of coming up for a blast........ Just wondering what times you start on Fridays and what tyres people are using and a postcode so I can find you guys
Thanks neil

spennyy2k
19-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Doors open around 6:30 pm, tyre wise foams are fastest but mini pin work with something less grippy up front on 2wd. The address isWellfield Business and Enterprise College, Yewlands Drive, Leyland, PR25 2TP. Any other info can be found on the website http://www.rvrccc.co.uk

Neil79s
20-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the reply mate. I really would wana get some foams all round to be honest. Can you point me in the right directions where I can buy some from....... What compond and make is the best to use and what tyre additive to use thanks

spennyy2k
20-03-2014, 12:04 PM
I use 1/8 stock car doughnuts made by contact. Usually I buy from kamtec but Bolton model Mart and Ross mod carry them sometimes. I use 40 up front and 35 rear. Loads of different methods to mount them, I just cut all ribs off my wheels and stretch the tyre over. I glue with normal tyre glue, some use contact adhesive but you'll need to rough up all of the rim for this to stick to the wheel. The fronts on my 4wd I cut the rims to 2wd width. Most people then true them one way or another but I'm lazy and just throw the car on and they soon bed in. You'll also need additive this is usually available to buy at race control

Neil79s
20-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks a lot for the info very helpful and hopefully get me stuff sorted out and I'll be up there giving it a blast thanks again

MattK
20-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Just spotted on shumacher website under contact tyres tab 1/10 buggy donuts in 35 shore and 45 shore.
These should be same as I have been testing. My suggestion for 2wd would be 35 on rear and 45 front.
The softs are really grippy.
Good price too and instock :)