PDA

View Full Version : What age is vintage for this buggy heat?..

quincey
20-03-2014, 07:24 PM
What's the year cut off for this vintage buggy heat your having?..

spyro
23-03-2014, 10:38 PM
What's the year cut off for this vintage buggy heat your having?..

Hi Ade, we're just waiting on confirmation of rules for this support class.

The plan is to make the class as accessible as possible and see what the uptake is.

Cheers

chris

quincey
23-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Just want to know as half my rc fleet is vintage and I can get straight on it as soon as poss..

Frecklychimp
23-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Hi Ade, we're just waiting on confirmation of rules for this support class.

The plan is to make the class as accessible as possible and see what the uptake is.

Cheers

chris

Rules were sent 2 weeks ago Chris as far as i'm concerned so not quite sure what that is about? have been waiting on reply re. confirmation on the other details and booking in form to be sorted so its easier to use with class choice? Until then it can't be announced or promoted ;)

as far as i'm concerned the classes are 1/10th scale offroad buggys, pre '86, '86-'92 and '92-2000 and 2WD/4WD split accordingly depending on numbers

The only rules really are max 7.2V nicd/nimh or 2s 7.4V Lipo batteries, period modifications and parts, so no modern shocks or wings etc and anyone running older brushed/brushless systems with a LiPo needs a low voltage cut off device as a precaution.

Motors and tyres are open, there are no prizes for early retirements and broken transmission parts!

Re-releases allowed although they can have their own controlled class if enough of them enter championship and drivers entered agree and will stick to a set of rules.

Aim is to have a fun series that backs up SCT meetings and to get vintage buggys out on the track and being enjoyed rather than gathering dust on shelves.

:thumbsup:

Danny
24-03-2014, 12:15 AM
Possibly a stupid question, but where do things like the RC10 re-release or any of the Tamiya re-releases fit in?

Frecklychimp
24-03-2014, 12:46 AM
They would fit in with their prospective class for original year of release.

Danny
24-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Thats very cool indeed, I hope this is a success!

peetbee
24-03-2014, 10:21 AM
The only rules really are max 7.2V nicd/nimh or 2s 7.4V Lipo batteries, period modifications and parts, so no modern shocks or wings etc

Re-releases allowed although they can have their own controlled class if enough of them enter championship and drivers entered agree and will stick to a set of rules.

They would fit in with their prospective class for original year of release.

How would you treat the RC10 Worlds release? It's fitted with V2 slipper and V2 shocks, which seems to be at odds with your above comments?

spyro
24-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Rules were sent 2 weeks ago Chris as far as i'm concerned so not quite sure what that is about? have been waiting on reply re. confirmation on the other details and booking in form to be sorted so its easier to use with class choice? Until then it can't be announced or promoted ;)

as far as i'm concerned the classes are 1/10th scale offroad buggys, pre '86, '86-'92 and '92-2000 and 2WD/4WD split accordingly depending on numbers

The only rules really are max 7.2V nicd/nimh or 2s 7.4V Lipo batteries, period modifications and parts, so no modern shocks or wings etc and anyone running older brushed/brushless systems with a LiPo needs a low voltage cut off device as a precaution.

Motors and tyres are open, there are no prizes for early retirements and broken transmission parts!

Aim is to have a fun series that backs up SCT meetings and to get vintage buggys out on the track and being enjoyed rather than gathering dust on shelves.

:thumbsup:

Must have vanished in my email somewhere!! Send them Mr Chimp please?! I'll get them published ASAP.

Frecklychimp
24-03-2014, 11:31 AM
How would you treat the RC10 Worlds release? It's fitted with V2 slipper and V2 shocks, which seems to be at odds with your above comments?

Thanks for pointing that dilemma out and thanks to Team Associated for making the simplest of rules a headache!!!! :lol:

running re-re cars is a dilemma as it is... they are vintage design but not vintage if they left the factory in last few months... at the same time those running vintage versions also have full modern spares back-up which is a big advantage to other brands!

As far as i'm concerned the idea is that re-re cars can run, if enough enter to make it viable then they can have their own championship.

The whole point of this series is to see old cars being used and owners enjoying them and having fun... we certainly don't want to be turning people away that want to race but at same time don't want this turning into a bitchfest with sore losers complaining about others having one more slipper pad than they have or threaded shock bodies and its not fair.

The modern shock rule point was to stop people putting modern big bores on an old car, which is not in the spirit of what we are trying to achieve.

it's not to be a strict series full of rules and dictatorship, if drivers want strictness and a competitive atmosphere then enter BRCA nationals/regionals... if you want to show off your old toys and run them on a track together with other cars in a relaxed atmosphere then you are welcome in this series.

Personally i'd sooner see a flock of grasshoppers and hornets bouncing around a track randomly with everyone laughing than 10 serious faces with modern lightning quick re-re cars fighting for split seconds and shouting at marshals etc

Danny
24-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Personally i'd sooner see a flock of grasshoppers and hornets bouncing around a track randomly with everyone laughing than 10 serious faces with modern lightning quick re-re cars fighting for split seconds and shouting at marshals etc

Amen! Im not sure why but the idea of racing those early Tamiyas really appeals, maybe its because of the way they bounce around and just generally look awesome on the move

peetbee
25-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Good answer :D:thumbsup: