PDA

View Full Version : TC02C/TC02 Castle Block mod

Clive Loynes
22-03-2014, 07:56 AM
I'm looking at producing these little dohickies to fit on the castle blocks and provide further inward adjustment of the top link position.

They move the mounting points inwards by another 5mm pitch and forward by 3mm, as suggested by Legacy555 on the Team-C forum.

I have made these a snug fit on the raised boss of the plastic castle block and would probably aim to do something similar to locate on the aluminium version if someone could tell me the exact size of said block.

If there is any demand then I will buy an aluminium castle block and measure it.

welshmerlin
22-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Looks good. We are interested for the alumium block.

Clive Loynes
23-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Looks good. We are interested for the alumium block.

Perhaps you can tell me the size of the mounting boss on the aluminium component?

The attached photo shows how the plate locates on the raised part of the plastic component so that it doesn't rely on the screws to hold it in position. The aluminium castle block does not have that raised boss so I would like to overlap the edge of the main boss.

If I'm really lucky, the aluminium castle block will be the same size as the raised part of the plastic component.

welshmerlin
23-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Hi Clive

I will measure the boss and send you the dimensions

Mike

welshmerlin
25-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Hi Clive

The aluminium version is 1mm bigger than the plastic one at 11.5 x 6.5mm. Hole centres are the same. The step on the plastic one is not present on the aluminium one as can be seen in the picture.

attachment.php

Clive Loynes
25-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Hi Clive

The aluminium version is 1mm bigger than the plastic one at 11.5 x 6.5mm. Hole centres are the same. The step on the plastic one is not present on the aluminium one as can be seen in the picture.

attachment.php

Many thanks.

I'm thinking of making them as a symmetrical plate that can then be used on either left or right. It means there will also be an extra hole outboard of the standard ones, which may not be of interest to anyone, but it also means that I don't have to mess about with left and right handed parts.

I shall post a picture when I have one but I'm knee deep in aluminium gearboxes at the minute so it may be a couple of weeks, unless there is an urgent need.

carrot
26-03-2014, 06:53 AM
If it's any use to you I can put my alloy castle block in the post to use as a template..I am not using my car for a few weeks.

Clive Loynes
26-03-2014, 08:27 AM
If it's any use to you I can put my alloy castle block in the post to use as a template..I am not using my car for a few weeks.

A very kind offer. I will be able to check that all is well before going public. :thumbsup:

I have sent a PM.

Thanks

Clive

PS I will nail the prototypes to it and return it asap.

caciqueconnection
27-03-2014, 06:16 PM
I'll love to have 2 kits one for alu and the other for plastic castle.

Would you post to Spain?

Clive Loynes
27-03-2014, 07:29 PM

Would you post to Spain?

No problem.

LOL I haven't sold anything in the UK yet, my gearboxes went to Ireland, Belgium and France.

I will investigate the shipping options and send you a PM tomorrow.

Cheers

Clive

Clive Loynes
28-03-2014, 10:34 PM
These should be on their way to Spain as soon as I have checked the fit on an aluminium castle block.

Tom3012
28-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Nice work Clive! I wouldn't mind trying some on my TM2...

Are you going to the track at any time soon? You can use my ali tower block to measure up... (I just need to find it) :lol:

Clive Loynes
29-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Nice work Clive! I wouldn't mind trying some on my TM2...

Are you going to the track at any time soon? You can use my ali tower block to measure up... (I just need to find it) :lol:

Can't do this Sunday but you let me know when you have found it and I shall be on your front door step before you can turn around. :thumbsup:

Assuming that you tell me where your front door is.

leelar
31-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Clive if you want you can have my car to measure up as i can't race for a few weeks drop me a pm 😸

Clive Loynes
01-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Clive if you want you can have my car to measure up as i can't race for a few weeks drop me a pm ��

Thanks Lee,

See you later. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I now have an aluminium castle block to measure so all other avenues can be closed down.

In fact I have a whole TM2 to measure if anyone wants to know if things can be made. :D

EDIT 2: The castle block that I have measured is 6.6mm wide and the prototype that I had made would have damaged the finish on the castle block had I tried to fit it. I shall make a further small number once I have modified the programming.

Clive Loynes
09-04-2014, 10:01 AM
I have reprogrammed for the little dohickies to fit the aluminium castle block and should be able to run a couple off in the next day or so.

Then Lee can have his car back, although there is some interesting stuff on it. ;) Do you think that the anti-roll bars would be of benefit to the TC02C?

Chalkie
09-04-2014, 11:16 PM
I have reprogrammed for the little dohickies to fit the aluminium castle block and should be able to run a couple off in the next day or so.

Then Lee can have his car back, although there is some interesting stuff on it. ;) Do you think that the anti-roll bars would be of benefit to the TC02C?

A rear anti-roll bar would certainly help it on high grip surfaces.

welshmerlin
12-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Hi Clive, may we purchase a set of blocks please.

Thanks

Mike

Clive Loynes
12-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Hi Clive, may we purchase a set of blocks please.

Thanks

Mike

You most certainly may.

If you could send me a PM with the address for postage and if you want them to fit the aluminium or plastic castle block then I will let you know my paypal address.

They are £10 plus P+P which is £2 for first class signed for.

welshmerlin
12-04-2014, 10:53 PM
You most certainly may.

If you could send me a PM with the address for postage and if you want them to fit the aluminium or plastic castle block then I will let you know my paypal address.

They are £10 plus P+P which is £2 for first class signed for.

PM sent. I forgot to say for aluminium

Clive Loynes
12-04-2014, 11:09 PM
PM sent. I forgot to say for aluminium

Thanks Mike,
Invoice raised.

As of today, I have refined the design so that they will fit both the plastic and the aluminium castle blocks simply by flipping them over. This also provides more clearance between the ball socket and the screws attaching the block to accommodate those who run increased droop.

Cheers

Clive

Clive Loynes
15-04-2014, 12:11 PM
voilą

http://www.planet-venom.co.uk/RC/Team-C/castle block extender.jpg

welshmerlin
18-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Thanks Mike,
Invoice raised.

As of today, I have refined the design so that they will fit both the plastic and the aluminium castle blocks simply by flipping them over. This also provides more clearance between the ball socket and the screws attaching the block to accommodate those who run increased droop.

Cheers

Clive

Hi Clive

Tried blocks today. Fitted perfect. Turnbuckles now clear springs.

Thanks

Mike

Clive Loynes
29-05-2014, 05:25 PM

Would you post to Spain?

I would if I knew who you are and where to send them!

Still have two pairs of the plastic only type and one pair of the universal fitting type waiting for you.

Please contact me.