PDA

View Full Version : Spring Race Series

lazysurfer
25-03-2014, 08:53 AM
First meeting of the spring series last night as promised (best 4 from 6 results counting) seen 3 heats getting in 5 rounds quali with all the TC’s in a single 9 car final over 2 legs.

Some very close racing again on both TC quali heats - Boblet and Screamer battling it out in Heat 1 and me and Hit Man running very close in Heat 2 over most of the night.

Interesting track which I struggled to drive in all fairness! Even tho the car was spot on and going very fast I couldn’t seem to find a rhythm and was having to put a lot of concentration into actually “driving” the track rather than just lapping it :-/

Anyway, a good night had by all so hopefully see more of you back there next week for round 2

Hopefully see Dave Wright back - and drag your old fella and PC along to!!!

lazysurfer
01-04-2014, 07:57 AM
A decent turn out last night for week 2 of the spring series seen some close racing again, the TC heat having very little between lap times of all drivers.
4 rounds quali and 2 leg finals as usual.
It was good to have time to fir in a full night’s worth of rounds for young Josh to help him get up to speed to join in with the rest of the TC boys as soon as possible.

Gonna stick to just running race control instead of “helping” with the track in future as well since I only got grief for helping (think I tread on someones toes ;-) and then struggled with one for the corners that I’d added most of the night L

A flying visit from James Davidson, go on James, dust your car off - on fact dust your dad off as well and bring him back too ;-)

Anyway, more of the same next week so get yourselves along, or you’ll be missing out on some great racing.

paulainscow
01-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Thanks again all for being so supportive with Joshua, hes absolutely loving it, and only a few weeks away I think from getting in a proper race! :)

lazysurfer
08-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Week 3 of the Spring Series last night with 3 heats getting 4 quali and a 2 leg final as usual J
Track was a bit slippy to start with but grip levels improved throughout the night as it cleaned up with the final the closest race of the night.
Fall Guy Watson on the pace all night again, that total car rebuild paying off and unusually an early bath for Screamer taking part in neither final after a few problems over the night.

Have to say I did like last nights track - nice and flowing tho the straight seemed very short somehow!!

More of the same next week so get yourselves along