PDA

View Full Version : smelly Bob Divleys

DCM
10-10-2008, 04:29 PM
I got a pot here, just opened it, it is smelly, a little thinner than usual and it doesn't cover to well, any ideas?

bigred5765
10-10-2008, 05:01 PM
leave the lid of and stir it every few hours, don't let it skin over,it will still smell but not as bad,it thickens up Little to,took 3 days of stirring and airing out to get rid of most of the smell in mine,don't leave it out over night.

DCM
10-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I was thinking that... just seams runny compared to the norm... odd really.

i4n
10-10-2008, 07:04 PM
just opened it, it is smelly, a little thinner than usual

just seams runny compared to the norm... odd really.

Steve,

I think it's time you went and made an Appointment with the Doctor :p

DCM
10-10-2008, 07:32 PM
no, officialy, thats my kids..... I swear... full of gas they are!!

telboy
10-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Had this with a couple of bottles I got from JE.

ended up throwing them cos it was just crap. P*** thin and taking about 8 coats. Tried leaving and stiring but it just went all lumpy.

I was told by RCBoyz in January that some were shipped in the crap, -40 degrees weather, and the sub zero temps, knacker it. But you can't tell until you open the bottle and smell baby sick.

I've just started using the fasmask stuff now. It's improved LOTS, and no longer smells bad.:thumbsup:

DCM
10-10-2008, 09:38 PM
but when they ship by air, although it is -40 on the ground, the air temps of a cruising jumbo don't change an aweful lot, and as this is freight, it would be in an unpressurised hold, so the temps it see's would be about the same.....

bigred5765
10-10-2008, 10:33 PM
i got a new bottle in the post this morning, its just fine,i guess the old stuff is the stuff that was froze,

DCM
10-10-2008, 10:52 PM
just wondering if I got any recourse then, with JE Spares....

telboy
11-10-2008, 08:58 AM
but when they ship by air, although it is -40 on the ground, the air temps of a cruising jumbo don't change an aweful lot, and as this is freight, it would be in an unpressurised hold, so the temps it see's would be about the same.....

They told me it can sit around for a while in cold warehouses, which can drop well below freezing.:thumbdown:

I know this from January when I ordered from RCBoyz, and after 2 weeks they'd not shipped it so I called them, and Dan said that they won't ship it while the temps are so low.
They can ship it but won't be held responsible if it freezes.:)

DCM
11-10-2008, 09:21 AM
I always do EMS from the states though, but I got mine from JE Spares, so maybe they took the budget route?