PDA

View Full Version : Indoor setup 2wd

Alex H
13-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Hi!
Here in Sweden we have a cup where we only run 2wd cars to keep the costs down.we belive its the "cheepest" class to begin in rc compared to touring which is the biggest class indoors still. But offroad is groving each race. More and more competitors each time:). Nothing compared to the U.K standards though.
We have rules that says only one pair rear tyres per race and free front tyres. All are aloud to run modified and we are only aloud to use the schumacher minipin yellow rear tyres. These tyres are much better than the Losi Taperpin we tried last year eventhough there are some other opinions regarding that. we also run solely on carpet.
1. What tyre do you guys use on carpet? Durable and grip?
2. Rideheight. Low or level?
3. Limiters in the shocks?
4. Damper oils. Thick or soft? Springs, hard or soft?.
5. Everything else that you can think of!

I have an atomic s2 and I am alone with that but most guys run B4s and Losis. Lately a couple of RB5s. If you have some magic setups, please post them here for those cars:)
Hope I made my self clear. Speaking English is a lot easier than writing:blush:

Body Paint
13-10-2008, 09:58 AM
In the UK we mostly run on carpet over the winter. Though the biggest series in the UK (Worksop) have a venue with a king of rubbery floor.

Almost everyone runs schumacher yellow minipins, although some of the less experienced drivers prefer the less grippy minispike.

I always run my cars driveshafts level, any lower and the car feels wrong. It fells like the car is sagging if you run to low.

Limiters can be very usefull to control the amount of grip, I would suggest finding a balance to the spring/oil setup that suits you and then fine tune the car with limiters. With the S2 you will need to run a fair bit of droop on the rear suspension to keep traction, but you can control the roll of the car by adding a rear anti roll bar (B4 one fits nicely) You can add up to about 4mm of spacing inside the front shocks to calm any aggresive steering down, more than 4mm and the car will reduce the suspension travel to much.

S2 setup for high grip carpet would be: front 40wt, red piston, black or blue spring outside hole on wishbone. rear: 25wt red piston, red spring, inside hole on wishbone.

Alex H
13-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Very helpful!!! Thanks a lot!:thumbsup:
going to try it out tomorrow.

Alex H
14-10-2008, 06:37 PM
The setup guide helped just fine:thumbsup:. A second quicker around the track! Thanks!

Pledger
19-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi guys! I am also competing in the MSEC cup. In the latest and first race in MSEC, I had some problems with my front tires. I tried mini pin in the front but my RB5 got way too much steering. I don't know how to describe it in English, the frontend "bites" in the middle of the corner. Then I tried Proline M3 4-rib. With some setup changes I got pretty good steering, but not enough. The car was much easier to drive though. And they didn’t "bite" like mini pins in the corner.

So, what I want is a front tire that gives more steering but doesn’t "bite" like mini pin does.

Hope you understand what I'm talking about!

Edit*
What about these, does they have better grip than proline 4-rib on Carpet?

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-25927/LOSA7207P-Front-Taper-Pin/Detail or http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-26793/PAHT720S-Bobcat-2WD-Front/Detail

/Calle Pledger