PDA

View Full Version : Cool looking B4?

Nick Goodall
16-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Spotted this on Ebay, i know it's realllllly simple but i just think it looks kinda hard like this??

It would be a nightmare to drive on any track with Dark areas - imagine CML raceway in patches :D You'd lose it on the straight!

Do you think this is just a standard Black paint? Looks more Matt black to me??

http://www.anything-cars.com/images/uploads/0c78_1.jpg

DCM
16-11-2006, 05:06 PM
looks more like gunmetal grey to me.... maybe a little darker, could even be a pearl black.

telboy
16-11-2006, 09:07 PM
yeah, gunmetal to me too. maybe a mix. defo not matt black as you can see the shine on the front.

I keep meenin to do a shell with a 'rust' colour on it and then do the outside in silver or something. so that when the shell twists and the paint starts to come off or scrape off it'll come through as rust underneeth!

it'd probably work best on a t.c. shell.

Chris Doughty
17-11-2006, 08:05 AM
that looks really cool!! so simple, so effective!

are you bidding for that one then Nick? :)

Nick Goodall
17-11-2006, 10:10 AM
lol i spotted on Ebay.com so have asked "if" it's possible to ship to the UK as some of the US sellers are really funny about it......

Does look kinda cool though hey? :cool:

MattADH
17-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Not sure how accurate I am but was it Graeme Smith from Graeme's Pt Stop that used to have a very dark, single colour paint job? Black wheels look good but are useless to drive with.
It is always good to see a one-colour special - especially of you only use one color decals too - remember Dave Duggan and Rick Hohwart's silver Associated with black decals? Simple, quick schemes but effective.
I guess this would be called old skool now!!!!

jimmy
17-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Least it doesn't have a really daft name like this one:

http://www.etamiya.com/shop/images/tamiya_rcmodel/58370.jpg

bert digler
17-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Least it doesn't have a really daft name like this one:

http://www.etamiya.com/shop/images/tamiya_rcmodel/58370.jpg

do tamiya get there names for cars from xxxx films:D

Spencer Mulcahy
17-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Not sure how accurate I am but was it Graeme Smith from Graeme's Pt Stop that used to have a very dark, single colour paint job? Black wheels look good but are useless to drive with.
It is always good to see a one-colour special - especially of you only use one color decals too - remember Dave Duggan and Rick Hohwart's silver Associated with black decals? Simple, quick schemes but effective.

Like Trickys red with white decals always thought his cars look the dogs.

Slimboyfat
17-11-2006, 11:32 PM
silver Associated with black decals? Simple, quick schemes but effective.

I seem to remember looking through RACER at an eden park overlanders event i think it was.

There was a silver losi xx4 with black wheels and matching stickers picture in the write up, I could have swarn the name 'Benfield' was associated with it.

crazy how i remember that but I thought it was the coolest rc colour sceme i had ever seen at the time.

was it yours Matt and i guess more than anything do you remember the one i'm on about?????