PDA

View Full Version : CAT SX screw kit

frogger
16-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Anyone know if there is a screw kit available for the CAT SX or one in the works that will be available real soon?

I've only run the car once and did a bit of checking the screws for tightness and found both front pivot block screws bent like a banana. Seem Schumacher only sells screws in bits and pieces so a complete kit will be nice, even better if it's titanium :thumbsup:

ben
16-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Hmm think you will of hit something if the front screws are bent lol. The only thing with titanium is that it is more brittle than steel so instead of the screws bending in a crash they are likely to break :( Which will mean it breaks in the pivot block :thumbdown:

Ben

frogger
16-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Yep, I definitely hit something :D but not hard enough to bend screws I thought until I took them out! :(

ben
16-10-2008, 11:19 PM
haha, it's better the screws bending though. Also if you put some indestructable screws in then the chances are that the shock is going to go somewhere else and break something larger.

Ben

Mossy
17-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Put some longer screws through the front and remove and washers you have on the outside of the pivot block. The screws won't foul on the diff because there is enough room in the housing,and it means there is more screw away from the point of impact so they don't bend as often.

Si

frogger
17-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I've ordered a bunch of loose screw packets from Schumacher so will put in some longer ones when they come.