PDA

View Full Version : Serpent Spyder: Springs to long?

Flyinggekko
03-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Hallo Guys,

since this season, I'm driving a Serpent Spyder (rear motor) and I'm just wondering: Why are the springs this long? What was Serpent thinking? Ist their any idea behind this measurements? Also my club colleagues can't find any explanation for this design decision, because on many tracks, it isn't even possible to drive the car as low as it would be useful, without cutting the springs.

Thanks for your input

Greetings

Stephan

johnboy
03-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Hallo Guys,

since this season, I'm driving a Serpent Spyder (rear motor) and I'm just wondering: Why are the springs this long? What was Serpent thinking? Ist their any idea behind this measurements? Also my club colleagues can't find any explanation for this design decision, because on many tracks, it isn't even possible to drive the car as low as it would be useful, without cutting the springs.

Thanks for your input

Greetings

Stephan

I asked the same question seems in the USA they run slightly higher ride hights.
Serpent have replied to my question they are producing some new rear springs for us to run lower ride hights. Hope this helps.
At present I'm running core rc springs on the rear

TomHow
08-06-2014, 06:01 AM
You can also use team associated 4.2 springs or losi 22 springs they allow lower ride heights.

Uli.G
11-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Vou in Germany, Losi Pink/Red for Raer..