PDA

View Full Version : Pre-gued tyres?

chris68nufc
17-10-2008, 08:10 PM
What is the general opinion of the pre-glued tyres? I personally think that they are a great idea. Very easy and no mess.Buy them, run them and buy some more when they are shot. I have been recently using acetone to re-use some of my older rims and also the same foams that are fine to re-use and cant make up my mind if i will fancy using the new pre-glued tyres.
What do you think?

Belsten
17-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I think its a great idea but all depends on cost I guess

GRIFF55
17-10-2008, 08:34 PM
agreed there Dave, would save a good bit of time so more for setups:thumbsup:

glypo
17-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Quality of glueing is very important to me.

For 1/8th buggy, GRP Tyres are amazing pre-glued. Superb glue that never seems to come unstuck and often it's a better choice to buy GRP pre-glued than separate.

I have used Schumacher pre-glued stuff with touring car, but in all honesty cannot remember how good quality the glue was. I think it was good, but one of my local clubs has a control tyre so I ended up using that at all tracks so never used the Sorex pre-glued too much. Maybe someone can confirm (or not)?

Anyway, as long as the price is good this is a great move. RRP looks reasonable so far, so I will wait to see what these retail at. It looks as though it could actually be cheaper, which would be madness. So as long as the glue quality is good - this is great move :thumbsup:

MattW
17-10-2008, 09:00 PM
The glue quality should be spot on. The touring car tyres are by far the best pre-glued in my opinion. They simply don't come off.

The factory has a proven glueing process that is specific for the purpose, and has been in use for some time now.

RRP is £13.49/£13.99

OldTimer
17-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Do the wheels have the standard hex for the front and if so how deep 3 or 4mm and a pin for the rear ?.

GRIFF55
17-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Do the wheels have the standard hex for the front and if so how deep 3 or 4mm and a pin for the rear ?.

does this mean i'm out of a job Jon??????:p

rcracer
17-10-2008, 10:28 PM

pins front and rear jonathan :)

frogger
17-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Anyone know when these will be available?

As soon as my stack of JConcepts wheels run out I'll be switching to these for sure!