PDA

View Full Version : RC10 Goldtub wheelbase lengths

Spoolio
18-10-2008, 04:19 AM
I see that the rear hingepin blocks have 4 screw holes giving the option of a different wheelbase, but the manual says they must be fitted giving the shortest option. Has anybody run them the other way? Is it do-able and does it make the car more stable?
Cheers

tymill
18-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi, I've always run the car in the long wheelbase configuration.

The manual also specifies the long wheelbase holes - check this scan.

Cheers!
Ty
http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4199&d=1224319336

Spoolio
23-10-2008, 05:37 AM
I've moved the rear hingepin blocks now and it looks a lot better - wheelbase is fractionally longer (maybe 1mm) than my B4 - but the rear shocks are now working at what appears to be a bizarre angle. As they compress it gets even worse. Do you run it that way? I'm thinking of using a longer bottom screw and popping a couple of spacers on between the arm and bottom shock mount to bring the shocks back to a more vertical angle.

Northy
23-10-2008, 08:01 AM
That's exactly what I have done on my tub - longer screw and bling blue spacer :thumbsup:

G

Spoolio
23-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Had another thought though on way out this morning which I will try when I get home. I've got a spare set of B4 shocks which have the ball ended bottom mounts so these may work better than the originals anyway, so I'll give these a go.

Either way I think it looks miles better with the LWB setting, it doesn't look half as "fat-arsed" as it did before, I just hope the improvement in the handling is as noticeable.