PDA

View Full Version : Southport Regional

stuart slmcc
10-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Sorry guys but with the feedback from local members and photos being sent me the event has been called off.

We will try and sort another date out asap

Gavin Collingwood
10-05-2014, 05:26 PM
In light of this bury are holding a meeting tomorrow as our track drains well and is accessible. If anyone wishes to still race this weekend your more than welcome to
Join us, Booking in at 9 racing at 10

Tom3012
10-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Its sunny in southport at the moment, is this confirmed as off?

washy13
10-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Nice one Gav

stuart slmcc
10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
The meeting is off as the north west rep ive been in contact with the locals and its the best thing to do at this moment in time

washy13
10-05-2014, 05:45 PM
In light of this bury are holding a meeting tomorrow as our track drains well and is accessible. If anyone wishes to still race this weekend your more than welcome to
Join us, Booking in at 9 racing at 10

Do we need to book in Gav ?

Gavin Collingwood
10-05-2014, 05:46 PM

I imagine the field will be like a swamp cars would get stuck, would be a nightmare

birdy
10-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Do we need to book in Gav ?

Gav is going to open booking in now in the Bury section.

Pitman Ed
10-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Very awkward to call it off so late in the day! Some people won't see this post and will probably arrive! We haven't seen the photos, but I would imagine the pitting field is under water?
Not the simplest task to rearrange in a busy racing calendar.
In this Country we could have this weather at every Regional. We have to run the series!
Forecast for S/P is no further rain today, and only light rain tomorrow!
I suppose all that has been taken into consideration.
However, the decision has been made and that's that. Thanks for the heads up Stuart, I expect you thought long and hard about this.
Ed

birdy
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
See you at Bury Ed??:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very awkward to call it off so late in the day! Some people won't see this post and will probably arrive! We haven't seen the photos, but I would imagine the pitting field is under water?
In this Country we could have this weather at every Regional. We have to run the series!
However, the decision has been made and that's that. Thanks for the heads up Stuart, I expect you thought long and hard about this.
Ed

Pitman Ed
10-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Probably Neil. We race every week in the rain at Bury anyway!

DanW
10-05-2014, 06:27 PM

We had a lot of rain mid afternoon.

As it stands now the field is wet and soggy but usable with care, the track has areas of the standing water. The forecast is for even more rain overnight and tomorrow so we have to anticipate that by the time round 1 should be underway the track and/or field are going to be in no fit state.

Even before the cancellation, drivers had started to drop out due to the forecast.

As a club we can't expect lots of people, many travelling long distances to turn up on the off chance that the forecast turns out to be completely wrong.

Sunny spell has gone and it has just started raining again here in Southport!

tinnylad
10-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Totally gutted about this. Was really looking forward to it :cry:

Glad a decision has been made early though. It might not be what we want to hear but it's better to hear it :thumbsup:

Evo_Snr
10-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Hope the weather forecasters have got it wrong for all the ones going to Bury

http://weather.uk.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:UKXX0626

stuart slmcc
10-05-2014, 08:07 PM
This decision has not been made easily, myself and southport are in talks about holding the meeting on another date I will keep you all up to date. The first round will now be the event at nnrc in 2 weeks

Gavin Collingwood
10-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Hope the weather forecasters have got it wrong for all the ones going to Bury

http://weather.uk.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:UKXX0626

We're not in the middle of a field though Eric......
Track has held up superbly

MikePimlott
10-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Ed

unfortunate yes, but better that most people see it here this afternoon and spread the word, as oppose to 120 drivers turning up tomorrow and being sent home.

DanW
11-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Just looked out of the window here in Southport.... it has been a wet night as forecast. No improvement in ground conditions since yestersdays downpour. The call to cancel has been the correct one.

pugboy
11-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Nice one dan, it's for the best IMO.