PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya Egress imported

s_evans76
08-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi guys.
Just joined this forum as this morning I've purchased an new in the box Egress off ebay. It's being imported in from Hong Kong. Does anyone have any experience buying imported cars? I'm worried about getting ripped off but I took the chance anyway.
My other question is, as a newbie to rc cars ( always wanted an avante though since my childhood), I still need to buy the additional parts for my egress.
Does anyone have suggestions of what good parts I should buy? Like I say, all I have ordered is the kit, so I have no motor or controller etc.
Preferably I want a 2 stick controller not a wheel one.
Thanks guys in advance and sorry for my lack of knowledge in the subject.
Simon.
P.S. Please post pics of your egress if you have one and also your experience of building them.
Cheers.

Aire valley
08-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Have alook under the Tamiya section.....I think page 2.., interesting article on the Egress 2013...

Essex2Visuvesi
09-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Most of my kits have come direct from Hong Kong or Japan, so you shouldn't have a problem, as long as you ordered from a good supplier.
When ordering from overseas, I always use PayPal as they give the best protection.
Controller wise I would suggest the 3 channel code rc unit.... For 60 quid it gives you all the settings you could need and then some. Receivers are about 20 quid and available in the uk from modelsport.co.uk.

szymanski2oo1
09-06-2014, 10:44 AM
i did the same about 3 months ago....... it came through with no issues direct from hong kong.....

i bought a speed passion reinvention R and 9.5 motor combo ( 66 quid new off ebay ) to run it........ from looking around a good value stick transmitter seems to be the CODE 2.4G i bought a second hand one off oople member for 40 quid
then i stuck a lipo stick pack in it to run it ( i had the standard size lipo stick pack which squeezes in snugly and means you have to move a chassie post and cant use the battery brace....its cheaper to buy but you can pay more and get a lipo battery in the same shape as the old stick packs used to be )

i raced it indoor at my local carpet track....whilst it was fun and nostalgic to do i wont pretend that i was competitive against all the new cars!

ps....i followed this guys blog on building it etc: http://tamiyaegress.com/

Hi guys.
Just joined this forum as this morning I've purchased an new in the box Egress off ebay. It's being imported in from Hong Kong. Does anyone have any experience buying imported cars? I'm worried about getting ripped off but I took the chance anyway.
My other question is, as a newbie to rc cars ( always wanted an avante though since my childhood), I still need to buy the additional parts for my egress.
Does anyone have suggestions of what good parts I should buy? Like I say, all I have ordered is the kit, so I have no motor or controller etc.
Preferably I want a 2 stick controller not a wheel one.
Thanks guys in advance and sorry for my lack of knowledge in the subject.
Simon.
P.S. Please post pics of your egress if you have one and also your experience of building them.
Cheers.

s_evans76
09-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Guys.
Thanks very much for your comments. I will certainly check out the links you have supplied and look into the recommended parts also.
You have certainly made me worry less about purchasing from Homg Kong off ebay. The sellers rating is very good so fingers crossed. I only worry because I've recently been scammed on ebay buying an iphone.
Can't wait to get my egress now. Who knows, one day I may also get my dream avante from HK at the right price. The egress was only 200 quid. I think that's a bargain. I'm thinking another 80 on top for shipping and tax etc.
happy days.
Thanks again guys.
Simon.