PDA

View Full Version : NERCR NE Indoor Off-Road Series Event - 30th Nov 2008

chrispattinson
25-10-2008, 07:54 AM
NERCR Indoor Off-Road Series Event will take place at the following venue (information from Simon Walton).

Temple Park Leisure Centre

Address:
Temple Park Centre
John Reid Road
South Shields
NE34 8QN
Tel. 0191 456 9119

Map

Linked Google Map

Race Day Info

* Doors open Sunday morning at 7:30am, 30th nov
* Bring your own tables and chairs.
* Car parking is security patrolled and costs 60p for the day, so bring some change!!

Unfortunately last year, someone had their Sat Nav stolen from their car, so lets keep valuables out of sight when cars are left all day. The security man wasnt much use to Mr. Lowe unfortunately, though when I went to see him, he was watching the TV in his cabin.

* Mains power is available, however racers are responsible for bringing extension leads and distribution of the power.
* 12V batteries for charging are allowed providing they are in a leak proof container.
* Please adhere to the guidance from the BRCA reference charging of cells, this will no doubt be posted up in the hall in a prominant place by Mr North.
* On booking in one practice ticket will be issued per class (4 min controlled practice).
* Castle Models will be in attendance for parts and tyres etc.
* Food will be available from 11am to 5pm at the venues cafe.
* Temper tantrums on the rostrum will not be tollerated (bad language or not!!), this includes our very own Mr Pack , this is a public venue and we need to represent the sport in a good light at all times.
* Most importantly ENJOY the day, if you have a problem please come and speak to one of the officials and we will do what we can to help!!

Non-related race info
I know this isn't really needed but thought I'd include it from Temple Parks online information page in case you decide to bring the family, or your having a bad day and want to do something else, like drown

"Temple Park Centre offers hours of fun for all the family, with activities ranging from a tropical leisure pool with a fun wave machine and spiralling water slide to pampering sessions in the Centre's very own beauty salon.

Facilities include: Leisure pool, teaching pool, diving tank, sports hall, fitness suites, gymnastics centre, health spa, beauty salon, Waterline Bar and Function Suite, café, ramped access, lifts to all floors, accessible changing facilities.

Temple Park Skatepark! is our latest attraction and comprises of a 3ft bowl and a driveway with ledge. This concourse is wide, clean and fast and a must for all skaters, boarders and riders!

The Leisure Pool

* Ideal for swimming or just plain enjoying yourself!!!
* Try out the fun WAVE MACHINE!
* Shoot down the AQUA BALSTER SPIRALING WATERSLIDE!
* Float round the NEW McDONALDS RUN!
* Try the Diving Pool
* If you are not comfortable in deep water there is also a LEARNER POOL.

Swimming timetable for Sunday
Adult Only Swim: 9am to 10am
Family Session: 10am to 12pm
Inflatable Fun Session: 11:30am to 12:30pm/3:00pm to 4:00pm
General Swim: 12pm to 4:30pm

For more information on the activities available at Temple Park, please visit the following link: Temple Park"

Any questions please feel free to contact Chris Pattinson or myself.
Cheers
Simon

Here is a link to last years 2WD A final at the venue, thanks to Shifta.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QSYIUuHCWQw

Chrislong
24-11-2008, 04:36 PM
This is the same venue as last year and it was really good. I hope the entry for this event is good as I recall it being the lowest of the year for this one last year which was a shame for the quality of track they made.

So, any pictures, idea's, plans for the track - im looking forward to this! :thumbsup:

josh_smaxx
24-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Track was ACE last year :thumbsup: good turn out this year please.

Chequered Flag Racing
24-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I hope the entry for this event is good as I recall it being the lowest of the year for this one last year which was a shame for the quality of track they made.

so far it's

2wd = 20
4wd = 41

mine isn't one off them as work is going to interfere :thumbdown:

josh_smaxx
24-11-2008, 04:54 PM
so far it's

2wd = 20
4wd = 41

mine isn't one off them as work is going to interfere :thumbdown:

:( come on!

turbo_brick
24-11-2008, 05:01 PM
It's always the same this far north, always get low attendance's.

Peter

Carver86
24-11-2008, 05:05 PM
is there still a short supply of 4wd front mini-pins or do you think castle models should have some now?

Lee
24-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I think the series has less appeal because its not an "official" meeting :(

It's a shame, but i wont be there either :( I have to give the 1/8 car a run before the clash

Col
24-11-2008, 07:09 PM
is there still a short supply of 4wd front mini-pins or do you think castle models should have some now?

Pete had plenty last weekend, but with them being made out of the softest rubber known to man I need a new set already. Who stocks GRP?

Northy
24-11-2008, 07:19 PM

Can't have it both ways Lee-Fag :thumbdown:

G

Chrislong
24-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Its better this way dude, we can go Lipo!!

NERCR guys, what time will you be in the hall on Saturday? As I will be staying over nearby so can come assist with track building if you need it?

If anybody os not going due to distance then its a shame, its one of the best venues. Just don't leave SatNav cradles on display - or anything else to that matter.

Chequered Flag Racing
24-11-2008, 09:02 PM
:( come on!

It's always the same this far north, always get low attendance's.

Peter

I was there at the weekend though doing 12th National :)

so distance's not an issue just the work thing is, can't get out of it without swapping a shift and then maybe having to pay it back on another race day like the Ace's @ TRCC which is my weekend off or 12th National etc

Lee
24-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Can't have it both ways Lee-Fag :thumbdown:

G

I understand that G, i know that its this way because of lipo etc and it probably is for the best but worksop is "the" lipo series which i think people would rather attend. Personally i would do both if it didnt clash with other events, but there are only so many sundays :)

Northy
24-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I understand that G, i know that its this way because of lipo etc and it probably is for the best but worksop is "the" lipo series which i think people would rather attend. Personally i would do both if it didnt clash with other events, but there are only so many sundays :)

Alright Ted, keep your hair on :woot:

G

Spencer Mulcahy
24-11-2008, 10:42 PM
I am coming up for this having to set of at 5 in the morning :woot: I will be there on my own as the Bury massive are not coming so be gentle with me see you there.:thumbsup:

baD
24-11-2008, 11:49 PM
NERCR guys, what time will you be in the hall on Saturday? As I will be staying over nearby so can come assist with track building if you need it?

If anybody os not going due to distance then its a shame, its one of the best venues. Just don't leave SatNav cradles on display - or anything else to that matter.

Chris - latest plan has the builders in from 4pm on the Saturday. Keep an eye on here in case it changes.
ba

Fabs
25-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Robfo and I are booked in for both classes :thumbsup:

mark christopher
26-11-2008, 09:22 AM

It's a shame, but i wont be there either :( I have to give the 1/8 car a run before the clash
dont think thats right or fair, the appeal for me is bigger, the problem for me is 2.5 hours to travel there
now if its poo weather add some on that. my biggest problem is its my wedding aniversary that weekend so defo a no go!!

Northy
26-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Remember guys, online booking in for this event closes around noon on Thursday (tomorrow). ;)

G

ben
26-11-2008, 12:22 PM
23 2wd
42 4wd
:(

Robfo
26-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I hope there will be enough time made between rounds/races so we can all get charged, its gonna be a bit tight doing both classes.

chrispattinson
26-11-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm sure a sensible race timetable will be adhered to by our experienced race director BA.

For our work party, we have the hall from 3pm til 7pm on the Saturday for track building. All help will be appreciated.
I'll work on the track design before hand, and get copies done so we can have a few floating around in the hall.

Doors open 7:30AM Sunday.

turbo_brick
26-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm sure a sensible race timetable will be adhered to by our experienced race director BA.

For our work party, we have the hall from 3pm til 7pm on the Saturday for track building. All help will be appreciated.
I'll work on the track design before hand, and get copies done so we can have a few floating around in the hall.

Doors open 7:30AM Sunday.

Chris do you know if we can use the stage sections like last time??

If you are wanting any of the stuff out of Jarrow arrange it with Ian to get in there fri night to move it to the container.

Peter

chrispattinson
26-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Peter,

yes we can use the staging sections. Im not sure how many are left over after the rostrum is constructed though???

Don't know if I'll bother with any Jarrow stuff, would hate to damage it, or have it unavailable for Jarrow next week etc.

chris68nufc
26-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Come on people.Get booked in. Chris Pattinson has spent weeks organising this event. You could at least support the region by attending this meeting

Geoff Thomas
26-11-2008, 08:23 PM
i wanna sign in but web site wont let me do it can someone do it for me pls!

Mike Hudson
26-11-2008, 08:43 PM
have you gone onto internet options and 'accepted all cookies' if not try this and it should work

if it still doesnt work then if you want me to get you booked in pm me your details...

Chrislong
26-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I am likely to do both classes, last years track was excellent, although I am only pre-booked for 4wd. I know the pre-booking is still open but for some reason it doesn't work for me although I know my username and password - I was prebooked in 4wd by Brian.

Hoping to come to Temple Park for 3-4pm, will help with any track building. Do we come in main reception or the side doors?

Lindsay
26-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I hope there will be enough time made between rounds/races so we can all get charged, its gonna be a bit tight doing both classes.
The standard ruling when running BRCA style meetings is that there is 1 hour between rounds. ie Heat 1 @10 am next Heat 1 @11 am.

chrispattinson
27-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Chris - come in either doors, the side doors will probably be open, and if thy're closeed just knock.

Barry Williams
27-11-2008, 08:27 PM
If anyone is going to York on Saturday night & the doing the regional on Sunday could they do me a favour please? Could you see Simon Major & pick up a couple of bodyshells for me? Let me know please

Thanks

Barry

AndyM
27-11-2008, 08:58 PM
If anyone is going to York on Saturday night & the doing the regional on Sunday could they do me a favour please? Could you see Simon Major & pick up a couple of bodyshells for me? Let me know please

Thanks

Barry

you have a PM Barry :)

Barry Williams
27-11-2008, 09:06 PM
All sorted now, thanks Andy

Barry

emzy
27-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Anybody think I should do the regional after a 10pm-7am nightshift at Asda?!

chris68nufc
27-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Yes defo. I want you to beat Chris Green cos he goes in a huff doesnt he?. Plus the numbers seem quite low and Chris P has done tonnes of work for this event.

N7ELA
27-11-2008, 11:52 PM
If it makes you feel better Emily I'm doin regional after a 19:00-07:20 shift.... Just ask Peter what ya need.... Reed Bull................ and lots of it.....

turbo_brick
28-11-2008, 01:42 AM
If it makes you feel better Emily I'm doin regional after a 19:00-07:20 shift.... Just ask Peter what ya need.... Reed Bull................ and lots of it.....

No s**t Sherlock. As was proven at Worksop on Sunday.

Peter

emzy
28-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Ze Emily has ze night of Saturday offfffff!

Scoooooooore!

Gemma
28-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeay!! Em is coming to S Shields :)

pugs
28-11-2008, 03:41 PM
No s**t Sherlock. As was proven at Worksop on Sunday.

Peter

Yeh and somebody to drive there(complete with snow fall) and back, I.E me:lol:

cmgreen
29-11-2008, 10:13 AM
How many people do we have booked in so far??

It cant be that cold up here for people to be turned away from the best NE indoor event!

Dalla
29-11-2008, 01:50 PM
It cant be that cold up here for people to be turned away from the best NE indoor event!
At least until Jarrow run their first in Feb :thumbsup:

steveproracing
29-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi guys would somebody mind letting the organizers know that i will not be able to make it tomorrow as fog is really bad at my end and is meant to stay like this til tomorrow lunch and i just cant face racing after gettin up at 4am to get there on time. Many thanks in advance steve kirk

chris68nufc
29-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Will do. Its a shame. Ive seen the track and it looks ace.

josh_smaxx
30-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Im up, showered and really want sleep (had about 5 hours if that).

Setting off in about 25 mins, eeesh this racing takes its toll on lads my age :lol:

rcluke
30-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Im up, showered and really want sleep (had about 5 hours if that).

Setting off in about 25 mins, eeesh this racing takes its toll on lads my age :lol:

your making yourself sound old there Josh :p

woOdy
30-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Completely forgot this was on. Sorry guys I really wanted to come. Loved it last year so I hope it was a good one this year.

josh_smaxx
30-11-2008, 07:21 PM
I had a good day, enjoyed it. Racing wasnt the best but it was fun.

Ask if you want any pics.

Richard Lowe
30-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Any results?

chris68nufc
30-11-2008, 08:01 PM
I agree with the point that you couldnt race the track. I felt like there was nowhere to overtake, just had to wait till somebody made a mistake.
Loved it though for tonnes of reasons.

2WD A(Qualified) Somehwhere near.
1. Rob Fox
2.Chris Long
3.Chris Pattinson
4.Richard Coates
5.Daz Horsman
6.James Chappell
7.Gregg williams
8.Chris Stewart
10.Mike Hudson

4WD (Qualified) Somewhere near.
1.Steven Pierce
2.Chris Long
3.Adam Skelding
4.James Chappell
5.Mike West
6.Graham North
7.Greg Williams
9.Rob Fox
Please help to fill in the blanks. Ive tried hard to get people where i thought they were.
Sorry if you are offended.

ben
30-11-2008, 08:11 PM
4wd:

Vermin expanded the win number with the CAT SX and took the meeting ahead of adam skelding in second. The legend schumacher driver which is chris long brought home 3rd for the team :thumbsup:..... WOOO well done steve on your first regional win :D

I had a rubbish day with electric failure :thumbdown: Didnt finish a run.. apart from the E-main :lol:

Ben

baD
30-11-2008, 08:22 PM
4wd:
I had a rubbish day with electric failure :thumbdown: Didnt finish a run.. apart from the E-main :lol:

and that was only just ;):woot:

mattym0310
30-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Great qualifying, not so good final for me. I have to say, many apologies to steve adamson [pic attached] for when I broke his car in the final.
I enjoyed the track, so thanks to all involved! :)

baD
30-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Unofficial Results - i.e. not edited checked or owt - so I can't be held responsible :)

Results NERCR Indoor Regional Nov 08 (http://nercr.net/nercr/results/brca_ind_regnov08/index.htm)

ba

chris68nufc
30-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Nice one Bill. Saved my blushes for that.:thumbsup:

josh_smaxx
30-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Spot whats wrong? :thumbsup:

Northy
30-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Spot whats wrong? :thumbsup:

Haha, good skillz Josh. Ben that 'electrical failure' seems to have made your wishbone the wrong way round :woot:

G

ben
30-11-2008, 09:19 PM
mmm.... this sums up my day :( At this point i gave the bullshit detector a good abusing :woot:
I didnt actually break the wishbone, it was cracked at the bottom and i noticed it before it did break :thumbdown:

BJ

ben
30-11-2008, 09:36 PM
I think i had the best "air/flip" on the jump though :woot:

josh_smaxx
30-11-2008, 09:38 PM
I think i had the best "air/flip" on the jump though :woot:

I did 2 front flips :yawn:

phil c
30-11-2008, 09:40 PM
sounds like your racing has improved since getting the cat ben , NOT:lol:

Adam Skelding
01-12-2008, 08:01 AM
mmm.... this sums up my day :( At this point i gave the bullshit detector a good abusing :woot:
I didnt actually break the wishbone, it was cracked at the bottom and i noticed it before it did break :thumbdown:

BJ

Having seen and taken the pi## out of Ben and his wrenching 'skills' first hand. I predict all those going to the Jconcepts clash will be kept busy between rounds.
Ben, those pieces of paper in the bottom of your Cat SX box are called a manual.!!!!:thumbsup:

Also: Never has a £20 bet been so safe in the E Final.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Chrislong
01-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Josh, do you have any pics of either of my cars mate?

I loved the track, was one of the first tracks in ages which i could do lap after lap without finding a random bump. Granted in the early rounds I was still finding the lines and making mistakes, but later on I could really drop the hammer. Don't think I have ever driven any 4wd car as hard as I drove my SX in the A final yet still didn't roll. Somehow with my B4, in the A final I won and I backed right off to cruise, perhaps slower than cruise - yet was still setting my fastest laps of the day and put in a stonking time.

Must apologies to Barry Williams, I appreciate you stepping in marshalling while Greg was busy and I got my point across wrongly - I was just trying to say Greg is a fast marshall and I wouldn't have minded if you had left it - but I do apologise for getting on the throttle before the car was back on 4 wheels and then getting frustrated, the frustration was at myself as it only ment I needed marshalling again 2ft later. :lol:

sosidge
01-12-2008, 09:21 AM
I had a good day, enjoyed it. Racing wasnt the best but it was fun.

Ask if you want any pics.

Any shots of my Yokomo B-MAX4 (white shell, Much-More stickers)?

chrispattinson
01-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks to everyone for supporting the meeting, and everyone involved in helping out.
Top stuff from volunteers yet again!

Josh - I'd appreciate any pictures of my cars, blue and silver and yellow B4 and a blue, silver and red TRF501X (Azarashi shell).

Bit miffed I forgot to put my PT in for the final, after finishing 2nd in the B, never mind.

Chrislong
01-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Josh, my cars are the B4 and SX. Red shell with smokey wing, white into blue spikes from the front.

Robfo
01-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Really enjoyed the meeting, thought the track was spot on with a good mix of technical sections but not so difficult that we were all crashing in the bottom heat.
Cheers to Chris for letting me have TQ in 2wd but then wupping me in the final, put me in my place LOL

Any pic of my cars? Blue yellow and white Losi's :thumbsup:

Chrislong
01-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey Rob, don't worry - I was trying very hard, I just had to go fast and mistake free which I managed, I did make my car a little faster for the final too... :lol: You deserved TQ though, especially round 4, was good to watch.

Mike Hudson
01-12-2008, 02:25 PM
I struggled with rear end grip all day with 2wd even after i changed setup for the re-run of round 4 and the final and in the end my servo gave up :( 4wd c-main win made up for it, overall enjoyed the day though thanks to all involved :)

pugs
01-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Great qualifying, not so good final for me. I have to say, many apologies to steve adamson [pic attached] for when I broke his car in the final.
I enjoyed the track, so thanks to all involved! :)

Thanks for the apologie Matt, dont worry about it, s**t happens:lol: still managed to finish 4th with 3 shocks :woot:

josh_smaxx
01-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Lots of pics requests :thumbsup:

I'll sift through all my pics when i get some free time and put all the good ones up (including the daft ones) so no ones missed out who has had there picture taken.

Apologies for those just racing 2wd and wanted pics, due to there only being 3 heats and me being in the middle one i didnt get chance to get any shots.

Barry Williams
01-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Josh, do you have any pics of either of my cars mate?

I loved the track, was one of the first tracks in ages which i could do lap after lap without finding a random bump. Granted in the early rounds I was still finding the lines and making mistakes, but later on I could really drop the hammer. Don't think I have ever driven any 4wd car as hard as I drove my SX in the A final yet still didn't roll. Somehow with my B4, in the A final I won and I backed right off to cruise, perhaps slower than cruise - yet was still setting my fastest laps of the day and put in a stonking time.

Must apologies to Barry Williams, I appreciate you stepping in marshalling while Greg was busy and I got my point across wrongly - I was just trying to say Greg is a fast marshall and I wouldn't have minded if you had left it - but I do apologise for getting on the throttle before the car was back on 4 wheels and then getting frustrated, the frustration was at myself as it only ment I needed marshalling again 2ft later. :lol:

No probs Chris, glad the day worked out well for you in the end.

Well done to all at NERCR, top day, looked a very testing track

Barry

Spencer Mulcahy
01-12-2008, 09:38 PM
It was an early start for me set off at 5 in the morning:woot: but it was well worth it the track was very good the meeting was run very well some hard discisions where made by the guy on race control which didnt please all people but it was sorted in the end. I think I was the only X5 at the meeting which is a shame, I was not to impressed with my day after all the travel C final. I spat my dummy out with my car and was going to sell it and get something else but I am going to stick with it as it is only setup issues.
Thanks again all involved for a good meeting oh Ben I wont tell Blitz what you did to your nice new B4 shell.:woot:

N7ELA
01-12-2008, 10:05 PM
I enjoyed the day, the track, the venue and facilities as always, however i was disappointed that we only had 1 set of transponders to use.

As I dont have a PT I was waiting around until the previous heat had finished before i could fit my bug, then get my car down before getting on the rostrum (usually last in a poor position).

This made things a bit of a rush and i know alot of other people who thought the same....

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

muzzy
01-12-2008, 10:56 PM
4wd:

Vermin expanded the win number with the CAT SX and took the meeting ahead of adam skelding in second. The legend schumacher driver which is chris long brought home 3rd for the team :thumbsup:..... WOOO well done steve on your first regional win :D

Ben

Well Done Steve Pierce, Awesome result mate, TQ and Win in the A final!!!! And 4 Schumacher Cat Sx's in the A final so well done lads!! :thumbsup: Seems the results just keep getting better and better for you all, so lot's more still to come hopefully......... And don't write off Master Jemison as yet, cause this kid has got lots of talent at racing and you shall all see this sooner or later when he gets everything spot on!!! Keep on it Ben, we have every confidence in you ;)

ben
01-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Well Done Steve Pierce, Awesome result mate, TQ and Win in the A final!!!! And 4 Schumacher Cat Sx's in the A final so well done lads!! :thumbsup: Seems the results just keep getting better and better for you all, so lot's more still to come hopefully......... And don't write off Master Jemison as yet, cause this kid has got lots of talent at racing and you shall all see this sooner or later when he gets everything spot on!!! Keep on it Ben, we have every confidence in you ;)

Cheers mate:eh?: Right then tommorow ill be buying speedo, receiver, servo, motor, sensor lead :lol:

Northy
02-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Cheers mate:eh?: Right then tommorow ill be buying speedo, receiver, servo, motor, sensor lead :lol:

Do you want someone who know's what they are doing (me) to fit them for you? :lol::lol:

G

Adam Skelding
02-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Do you want someone who know's what they are doing (me) to fit them for you? :lol::lol:

G

Careful, you might end up building his car ;)