PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP Question

David Church
26-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I know it is the last round of Moto GP today.

But is it also the last time on British Eurosport???

I have heard them say 1 or 2 things that made me wonder this.
Anyone have any more info???

Crazy L
26-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Mate you have really missed the boat on this one haven't you:blush:, a few months ago, Dorna (Moto gp tv rights holders and promoters) decided to not renew British Eurosports contract but to award sole broadcasting rights to.....yep, the BBC, y'know, that station you pay £140 a year for & get nothing in return). dorna claim it's a move to "bring Moto gp to a wider audience on free to air channels".:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thum bdown::thumbdown:

Codswallop, If they had any sense, they would realise that despite being a "terrestrial" channel, the BBC will simply not devote a whole morning of airtime to motorbike racing (which the BBC sees as a 4th rate sport anyway). They also wont be showing free practice on a friday night, I doubt also that you'd be watching live qualifying either, or live 125s or 250s.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:: thumbdown::thumbdown:

That's only half the scandal, for me, and many other Europsort fans out there, it also means the tragic loss of commentary from messyrs Moody, Ryder and Mamola. We will be treated instead to the BBCs right on, dire, uneducated and coma inducing team of Steve Parrish and Charlie Cock, also that dopey bint Perry (and no, she hasn't a clue about what she's doing and looks a bit ropey:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:: thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbd own::thumbdown::thumbdown:).

I hope to have enlightened you, so to end my post, i'd like to say....

..RIP Moto GP

David Church
26-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Cheers for that, yes I did miss all this, Doh Lol.

You are right about what the BBC will do to the coverage of MotoGP, and thay also have F-1 for next year as well.
So are they gonna ruin this as well???

But, on an optomistic side, well a hope and a prayer, could the BBC possibly understand how important these events are and put the practise day on BBC 3 or something???

c0sie
26-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Like your idea of using BBC3, ive never really seen anything decent on BBC3 before this :)

I disagree about the comments relating the Steve Parish, Charlie, Suzi (Come on! You wouldnt say no would you!) and Matt. Although I appreciate the knowledge of Moody, Ryder and Mamola, I do prefere to listen to the BBC2 coverage.

Im a HUUUUUGE MotoGP/motorbike racing fan and have been since out of nappys, and do feel that if the BBC are unable to provide as much practise/qualifying/125/250 coverage as Eurosport are able to that it'll be a crying shame and a huge loss to the 'obsessed' amongst us.

TBH, all in all I worry about the future of MotoGP as an exciting race specticale. I remember the good old days of the 500cc animals, close racing that would kill a mere mortal but not the gods that were sitting on the bikes. Nowadays its all about 'slowing things down' and making what should be the absolute pinicle of motorcycle racing into a slower form.

And although I dislike F1, what on earth is having the engines and gearboxes produced by a single manufacturer going to do for F1's pinicle reputation?

/rant

Crazy L
26-10-2008, 11:41 AM
I disagree about the comments relating the Steve Parish, Charlie, Suzi. I prefer to listen to the BBC2 coverage.

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:, When did they deem you fit for re-integration into society then, you should still be committed if you're prone to thinking like that:lol::lol::lol:. I mean, who is suzi perry? some rough bird the bbc thinks appeals to frustrated men in their mid/late 40s (no offence meant btw) who the riders and paddock probably think "who IS she"?, but they all know Randy Mamola.

Aside from your above gaff, I agree with your other comments, i mean, slowing corner speed down? single make tyres? sole bbc coverage? Bloody crazy, not to mention the tyre restrictions itself, 100 odd tyres for the WHOLE seasons testing for each team, 2 compounds, 5 grades in each compound. no more qualifying tyres. not sure on the tyre allocation for a weekend but its less than this year :thumbdown:

Enjoyed listening to Wayne gardner and Denis Noyes on Europsorts qualifying hour yesterday. no more of that ever again.

Rubbish:thumbdown:

David Church
26-10-2008, 11:48 AM
You guys have alot to say on this, which is good, how about e-mailing the BBC about this???

It would be interesting to see if you get a response.

The reason I have not e mailed them is, well my typing is very slow, 1 finger at a time and it would take hours, Lol:blush:

c0sie
26-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Im 28, id 'do' Suzi Perry lol.

Anyh0ws though...

Yes, single tyre rule is just plain silly really, but inpart it was always going to happen. After the farce that was this years Michelin tyre and the resulting amount of bad press from the drivers themselves I guess the MotoGP top-bods had to be seen to be doing something from a safety point of view, however now they have the farce that is restricted numbers of tyres. Lose-lose me thinks.

I was gutted when they scrapped the 500's, I was gutted when they scrapped the 990's too, and although th lap times seem to be faster with the 800's its the overall impression whilst watching it on TV that has dulled down somewhat.

You could get a 600 to lap as fast as a 1000 at some WSB/BSB rounds, but the 1000's would be a lot more fun to watch.

I hope that they dont keep bringing the class down though, more fuel restrictions, more tyre restrictions, less cc....whats the point?

David Church
26-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Well the GP is over.... Good bye Moto GP on British Eurosport!!!!!!

Let's hope BBC give at least as good coverage as we have had for years!!!!!

GRIFF55
26-10-2008, 02:02 PM
jt 11th!!!:thumbsup:

c0sie
26-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Cant wait to see Dovi on the factory Honda next year. The boys come good as the seasons' progressed :)

David Church
26-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Next year should be full of surprises for us!!!!!!:thumbsup:

We should get a taste tomorrow eh!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Southwell
26-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Great, back to no HD coverage. :thumbdown:

trekkerkk
26-10-2008, 02:45 PM
well it was deffinately a sad day for moto gp,
i for one cant stand bbcs commentators,
ive allready sent a message to the bbc expressing this,
i got a very polite reply saying they would look into the issues i had mentioned,
which i basically asked why couldnt the eurosport commentators work for the bbc,

trekkker

Crazy L
26-10-2008, 02:56 PM
You guys have alot to say on this, which is good, how about e-mailing the BBC about this???

I did, here is the response I got, albeit after 3 weeks:

Dear Lionel

Thanks for your e-mail regarding 'MotoGP'.

I understand that you are deeply concerned about our Moto GP coverage and that you believe the presenters on Eurosport are more than qualified to commentate on the races.

BBC Sport regularly receives both positive and negative feedback about individual commentators and presenters used in our programmes. We do pro-actively research viewer opinions about our presentation teams as well as monitoring complaints. If we receive only negative reaction and feedback then we would certainly look to address this.

We do appreciate that not everyone will agree with our choice of presenter or commentator and we find that certain individuals divide opinion; for example where one person will disagree with our choice of commentator another will contact us with positive comments.

In order to continue monitoring feedback on our 'MotoGP' commentary I've registered your suggestions on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

You might be interested in visiting the following webpage, if you haven't done so already, for further updates regarding MotoGP:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/default.stm

Thanks again for contacting us, and I hope you will enjoy our motorsport coverage.

Regards

Stefan
BBC Information

I don't know about you guys, but that reads as, "We don't care what you think, we know best". I did also ask about live coverage of 125s, 250s, free practise and qualifying, and as you can see, those subjects were not brought up in the e-mail I received. Choosing instead to just simply ignore the questions that may prove difficult to answer.:thumbdown:

Another thing, have you ever tried to complain to them through their webby? I got redirected away or given broken links a dozen times before I got anywhere, Auntie really is just a self righteous, left wing, bloated, out dated, out of touch propaganda machine which has no place in todays television revolution.

c0sie
26-10-2008, 03:14 PM
In all fairness, do you really think that they are going to employ the Eurosport commentaters just because you dont like them?

I dont like Casey Stoner but wouldnt expect them to sack him cos I think hes a whiney tw&t

c0sie
26-10-2008, 03:15 PM
The 250cc two-stroke machines will be replaced by 600cc four-strokes in 2011

Well god-damnit!

Now im annoyed lol!

Crazy L
26-10-2008, 03:31 PM
In all fairness, do you really think that they are going to employ the Eurosport commentaters just because you dont like them?

Well....I was hoping :p:p:p:p

and yes, 600cc machines replacing 250s, with engines "of a production nature" is what I hear on the grapevine, well, there goes the neighbourhood. Why 600s? I thought GP was meant to be about bespoke bikes you cant buy. I think 400s would have been better imo. imagine that, 400cc mini V4s whining up to 20000 rpm or higher. A kind of new slant on a forgotten engine size.

David Church
26-10-2008, 05:48 PM
I am glad you guys have e mailed the BBC!!!

I really like the way Eurosport have done Moto GP for years!!!!!!

Perhaps we should all send the BBC e mails and start a petition to get the guys from Eurosport to move to the BBC!!!!

I watched a bit of the BBC build up (during Eurosport advert) and it was nothing to do with Moto GP, it was Goodwood. Now Goodwood is great, BUT, please don't waste Moto GP time!!! It is precious!!!!

So should we start a petition, or is there 1 already going somewhere???

Crazy L
26-10-2008, 05:56 PM
So should we start a petition, or is there 1 already going somewhere???

No you shouldn't because, there is already:

http://www.petitiononline.com/motogp09/

David Church
26-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Great, thanks for that, already signed and all of you should sign as well!!!!

Let's hope the BBC get this, and we all should e mail the BBC as well!!!!

Spencer Mulcahy
26-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I put a post on hear a couple of months ago about this it is crap that it is going to BBC, the 125 and 250 races where on the red button today but the commentators where worse than Charlie Cox and that Truck racer. They are allowed 20 sets off tyres per race weekend and 150 sets for testing over the year. The only good thing with the BBC (very minor thing) is that there are no adverts.

c0sie
26-10-2008, 06:20 PM
TBH, you could get the Queen to commentate on the MotoGP; id still watch and listen.....

But the thing that really p#sses me off is this whole 'slowing things down' campaign.

Seemingly the riders arent exactly extatic about it and want the class to be faster, the viewers want things to be faster, so why do Dorma feel compelled to try and make it rubbish?

I know, as a die hard Vale fan, that watching Casey win and romp home miles ahead is quite boring, but for me the excitement is coming from mid pack now. Watching the likes of Nicky, George, Colin, Dovi and JT battling it out is excitment enough, but with all this new tyre cack that will dissolve too.

ashleyb4
26-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Maybe they will make a new channel called bbc sport or something for next year as they have so many sports things on.

A

strobe
26-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Don't forget BBC have F1 as well next year.
David Coulthard in the running to do Commentary with Martin Brundle.
No James Allen.:thumbsup:

c0sie
26-10-2008, 06:31 PM
DC's monotone voice radiating for however long a F1 race is?
Wowzers lol

David Church
26-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I am the real DC!!!! As I am older than him, and my voice is......DOH LOL:D

c0sie
26-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Are you monotone and boring DC?? lol

bodgit
26-10-2008, 06:39 PM

bring back murray

http://www.findsmileys.com/gen/smiley.php?text=murray+for+f1&smiley=bye&fontcolor=000000&ss=1&font=&shadowcolor=&signcolor=&ext=.gif

David Church
26-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Are you monotone and boring DC?? lol

Um, well ask all the guys that race the Nationals, I commentated on most rounds this year!!!!:thumbsup: Lol

Chequered Flag Racing
27-10-2008, 12:40 PM

Read in the papers that the FIA aren't keen on having Brundle on TV due him slating the FIA over the McLaren / Ferrari scandle

DCM
27-10-2008, 12:51 PM
well, how to ruin my day.... reading this thread.... no more GP on Eurosport... that means no repeats during the rounds.... no full coverage, no cracking commentary or Mamola prowling the pits.... If the BBC don't do the same coverage, that will be a big BIG loss...

Chequered Flag Racing
27-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Well the GP is over.... Good bye Moto GP on British Eurosport!!!!!!

There's a glimmer of hope

see full article from MCN Oct 2008 here (http://img3014.photobox.co.uk/854501805127ccf82383785f9e88c972e8ae4749ca569e574a 965405351b0b1a600254a0.jpg)

Kecky
27-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Lets hope the BBC see sense, get the petition signed boys and girls :thumbsup:

trekkerkk
27-10-2008, 01:21 PM
hey mcdc doing the motogp:thumbsup:
awsome

trekkker

trekkerkk
27-10-2008, 01:22 PM
the link dosent work for mcn,

trekkker

Chequered Flag Racing
27-10-2008, 01:24 PM

trekkker

bugger, I'm getting sick of virgin media hosting. Time to change host or work out how to sort links

trekkerkk
27-10-2008, 01:28 PM
try this link,http://www.petitiononline.com/motogp09/petition.html

trekkker

andy reeves
27-10-2008, 01:49 PM
I did read an article somewhere that said the same thing had happened in france (like with the BBC) and they have agreed a deal with eurosport france to carry on running as per normal. So there could be a possibility that the bbc might do something similar with british eurosport. As Dorna have said that the BBc must make the same amount of coverage that is current available to everyone. It's no good putting it on the interactive as you can't record off it.

Also i beleave 600's will be coming in 2010.

David Church
27-10-2008, 01:55 PM
try this link,http://www.petitiononline.com/motogp09/petition.html

trekkker

It would seem the majority of people, myself included, like Eurosport's coverage, so make sure you all sign the petetion in the above link:thumbsup:

c0sie
27-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Unfortunatly my flat doesnt have Eurosport (the flat only has freeview), whereas my parents house has Eurosport.

For the likes of me im glad that BBC have (potentially) more coverage.

_Bish_
27-10-2008, 03:23 PM
I did read an article somewhere that said the same thing had happened in france (like with the BBC) and they have agreed a deal with eurosport france to carry on running as per normal. So there could be a possibility that the bbc might do something similar with british eurosport. As Dorna have said that the BBc must make the same amount of coverage that is current available to everyone. It's no good putting it on the interactive as you can't record off it.

Also i beleave 600's will be coming in 2010.

It was in MCN on the 8th of October, the one after Phillp island.

and wasn't everyone really negitive when the moto gp class was brought in 2002

Mini-JT
27-10-2008, 03:35 PM

Chequered Flag Racing
27-10-2008, 04:26 PM

trekkker

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:2k5FdCiLt_ABQM:http://www.dreamstime.com/ok-and-fingers-crossed-thumb1475437.jpgthis one works MCN (http://vmphoto.photobox.co.uk/album/76102319)

Chequered Flag Racing
26-02-2009, 01:01 AM
quote from MCN

British Eurosport MotoGP announcement this week

By Matthew Birt
MotoGP
24 February 2009 09:49

As MCN exclusively revealed last week, MotoGP (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/?&N=343+391) will stay on British Eurosport (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/?&Ntt=eurosport&N=343+391&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&id=20249&Ntk=site) in 2009, with an official announcement expected later this week.
MCN understands a deal has been reached between Dorna and the BBC to allow British Eurosport to continue to screen all three Grand Prix world championship classes. But as we reported last week, the MotoGP race will not be screened live, but delayed later on the same day. British Eurosport won’t screen the MotoGP race live because the BBC has exclusive rights to screen the premier class clash live. The 125 and 250GP races though will be live on British Eurosport. Full details of the new agreement will be unveiled later this week but there is still no confirmation of whether the popular commentary team of Julian Ryder, Toby Moody and Randy Mamola will remain.

Southwell
26-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Well thats 'some' good news, at least ill be able to watch it in HD anyway. I will see what the quality of the picture and how good the commentators are or i might end up recording the Moto GP race to watch with Toby and Julian, if their still there?

andy reeves
26-02-2009, 08:23 AM
As long as the original team remain in place then this has made my day:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing
26-02-2009, 02:43 PM
As long as the original team remain in place then this has made my day:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

makes like worth living :lol:

David Church
26-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Some common sense at last!!!!! This is good news:thumbsup:

trekkerkk
26-02-2009, 04:01 PM
this is awsome:thumbsup:

trekkker

Chequered Flag Racing
02-04-2009, 04:39 PM
it gets better :thumbsup:

thought I was dreaming an ad on ES but it's not, Eurosport confirms Moody, Ryder

(http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/143425/1/eurosport_confirms_moody_ryder_-_no_mamola.html)
but sadly no Randy M :thumbdown:

telboy
02-04-2009, 10:52 PM
And they're not showing it live either. They have to wait for the beeb to show it.:thumbdown:

rcdunk
03-04-2009, 07:26 AM
dont care about not seeing it live usually away racing and sky+ it to watch when I got home the bbc team are boring and as sizi perry aint doing the first few due to ilness not even worth watching for that lol will stick with eurosort team the 125 and 250 are worth a watch for the young brit lads in 125 its the future