PDA

View Full Version : small speedo

footey
21-11-2006, 11:34 AM
hi all im looking for a small speedo the only 3 im aware of is quantum/dominator evo/mrt mx is there anymore if so what r they cheers

jimmy
21-11-2006, 11:46 AM
how small ? :|
The keyence range are fairly small, not like the quantum though. The new Tekin is very small indeed, click their banner at the top when it comes round and have a look. I am not sure when it will be out though.
I think there is a HARA Twister or something which is also quantum sized

DCM
21-11-2006, 11:58 AM
forecast is around Christmas time, I do beleive they got prices up on the tower hobbies website, 25mm (1 inch) square including the connectors, it has a thermal indicator on it, and fully programmable onboard with the 'Quicktune' setup.

http://temp.teamtekin.com/product%20photos/FXpro.jpg

FXPro Specifications
Controls: Forward / Brake
ON Resistance: 0.00015 Ohm
Input Voltage: 4 - 9 Cells @ 1.2V/Cell, 3S Lipo
BEC: 6.0V / 3.0A
Motor Limit: No Motor Limit
Throttle Profiles: 7 Choices
Brake Profiles: 7 Choices
Dimensions: 1" x 1" (25.4 x 25.4mm)

I beleive on Tower, it is $155

Southwell
21-11-2006, 12:09 PM
The new Mtroniks IP6 is very small!

dallasv8
21-11-2006, 03:26 PM
GM make some small ones as well i think,although i have no idea on where to get them.

i cant wait for the Tekin :)

Spencer Mulcahy
21-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I have the KO VFS-1 Masami in my B4 that is very small 25mm by 20mm but you cant change the settings unless you have a PC. (I like it that way).

jimmy
21-11-2006, 04:58 PM
you like it because you cant mess it up ?
lol

I think the new Tekins are PC programmable ?

I like my Keyence which I can program on the esc itsself with the built in display.. its so missteeq.
:D

Bathy
21-11-2006, 04:59 PM
I have the KO VFS-1 Masami in my B4 that is very small 25mm by 20mm but you cant change the settings unless you have a PC. (I like it that way).

Yup I run one of these (the competition one), its ace and you don't see many of them around, well recommend. KO have just launched the competition II version as well, take a look at the KO site, I also run LRP and from my experience these are good.

Spencer Mulcahy
21-11-2006, 05:53 PM
you like it because you cant mess it up ?
lol

I think the new Tekins are PC programmable ?

I like my Keyence which I can program on the esc itsself with the built in display.. its so missteeq.
:D

You are 100% right there Jimmy.:D

buzz
21-11-2006, 06:28 PM
there is the hara twister 2.1

matt
21-11-2006, 06:32 PM
There is also the Novak GTX. The speedo is small BUT it does have a large power cap.

footey
21-11-2006, 06:40 PM
is the gtx the same size as the lrp quantum size

footey
21-11-2006, 06:43 PM
also what should i pay for a second hand ko vfs-1 and the computer thing to set it

matt
21-11-2006, 08:10 PM
is the gtx the same size as the lrp quantum size
The GTX is 28.2mm X 21.8mm

bald eagle
20-12-2006, 10:48 AM
forecast is around Christmas time, I do beleive they got prices up on the tower hobbies website, 25mm (1 inch) square including the connectors, it has a thermal indicator on it, and fully programmable onboard with the 'Quicktune' setup.

I beleive on Tower, it is $155

New Tekin speedos are very likely to be priced as follows.

B1 ---- £ 79
B1-R - £ 85

FX - Pro - £ 139
FX ------- £ 99
FX-R ---- £ 89

R1 - Pro ------- £ 199
R1 Brushless - £ 159

Available Early - Mid January 2007

Hog
20-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm running a Robitronic i-Cube - cracking little speedo. Programmable by watching the little LED's or via a PC link cable. Great brakes as well.

woOdy
20-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Mtroniks all the way. Its even got an average sized power cap now. IP6 is the same size as the LRP/NOSRAM. This speedo feels like you have brand new batteries in your car everytime you use it.

Oscar
20-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Keyence. Can't reccomend highly enough. Not cheap, but worth it.

PaulRotheram
20-12-2006, 11:36 PM
The new ip6 is the dogs danglys if i say so my self. The cap is a nice size and there is always space for it in any car.

With the ESC you get wires (at pretty decent lengths to wire your car with), 2 skotty diodes and the cap.

I've been through a few of esc's over the years, MRT, Novak, LRP (new and old models) and Nosram. The IP6 has more power than any of these other named comanys could produce, like stu says, it feels like you are running new cells each race, buy my anology is it feels like you are running 7 cells rarther than 6!

The brakes are out of this world, how it can make all 4 wheels on my car lock up under braking is beyond me :D.
Setting it up is very straight forward, use the flowchart provided and you'l never get it wrong.

The support from the team is very good, with replys ussually on the same day, with a wealth of information.
Last but not least point is, the ESC comes with a 24 month warrenty, can't beat that really :)

ashleyb4
22-12-2006, 01:16 AM
I have a nosram dominator evolution for sale brand new in the for sale section if you are intersted.

A

bald eagle
22-12-2006, 04:24 PM
The new ip6 is the dogs danglys if i say so my self. The cap is a nice size and there is always space for it in any car.

With the ESC you get wires (at pretty decent lengths to wire your car with), 2 skotty diodes and the cap.

I've been through a few of esc's over the years, MRT, Novak, LRP (new and old models) and Nosram. The IP6 has more power than any of these other named comanys could produce, like stu says, it feels like you are running new cells each race, buy my anology is it feels like you are running 7 cells rarther than 6!

The brakes are out of this world, how it can make all 4 wheels on my car lock up under braking is beyond me :D.
Setting it up is very straight forward, use the flowchart provided and you'l never get it wrong.

The support from the team is very good, with replys ussually on the same day, with a wealth of information.
Last but not least point is, the ESC comes with a 24 month warrenty, can't beat that really :)
Totally agree matey. :)