PDA

View Full Version : National Indoor Finals - 2009

_sleigh_
29-10-2008, 07:25 PM
The BRCA Off-Road committee can now confirm that the 2009 Indoor Finals will be held by York Off-Road Car Club on the weekend of April 4th/5th '09.

The April date is a departure from the norm and has been selected in part to help the situation with cells (LiPo approval dates etc..).
This date change is for 2009 only and we will return to the normal March date for 2010.

The venue at York has been used several times over the few years and offers geat facilities for all aspects of the meeting.

Venue Address:
Huntington School
Huntington Road
Huntington
York YO32 9WT.

I'm sure that the York members will be able to answer any questions about the facilities and local area.

Northy
29-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Awesome, thanks Phil. :)

YORCC has their round of the NE Indoor Offroad Series on the 9th of November, come and get some practise in :)

G

David Church
29-10-2008, 07:54 PM
[quote=_sleigh_;173397]The BRCA Off-Road committee can now confirm that the 2009 Indoor Finals will be held by York Off-Road Car Club on the weekend of April 4th/5th '09.

The April date is a departure from the norm and has been selected in part to help the situation with cells (LiPo approval dates etc..).
This date change is for 2009 only and we will return to the normal March date for 2010.

Glad to hear the BRCA are making choices that should keep the racers happy!!!!!:thumbsup:

c0sie
29-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Just out of interest, is there any 'entry criteria' to these Indoor Finals?

Is any ol' Joe Public allowed to enter? I.e me (having never done a Regional/National before)??

mattym0310
29-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Awesome news! :D

mw02veg
29-10-2008, 09:44 PM
any pics/videos floating about? its along old way for us lot down sauf :o

Chrislong
29-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Good point about entry critiria? Seeing as the NE Indoor Winter series is not BRCA, and therefore allowing Lipo this winter - can we qualify for the finals through this series? or through Worksop? or through both? or neither?

c0sie
29-10-2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaTxt7nUt2I

??

This track looks fecking great!!

Try below for pics:

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/yorkindoorregional200108/index.html

rcracer
29-10-2008, 09:50 PM

??

Try below for pics:

That was a awsome meeting that day :thumbsup: looking forward to the indoor series and the finals..

Rich D
29-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Sorry for the noob question but is this York Indoor Finals in addition to the Worksop Indoor Finals or instead of ?

Would also like to know the answer to the entry qualification query.

Thx

Lee
29-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Rich,

The qualification depends on your region, some have a winter series to qualify through, some use the previous summer series results and some are first come first served.

Worksop was last years venue and this year its yorks turn, i know a lot of people thought it would go to worksop again. Myself included :)

Rich D
29-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Rich,

The qualification depends on your region, some have a winter series to qualify through, some use the previous summer series results and some are first come first served.

Worksop was last years venue and this year its yorks turn, i know a lot of people thought it would go to worksop again. Myself included :)

Ok thanks for that

I`ll have to see if there are any places left then :(

Or send Northy a bung to save me one ;) :thumbsup:

mattym0310
29-10-2008, 10:18 PM

??

Try below for pics:

York tracks never disappoint, that one in particular was a great track to race on. Got my most memorable result that weekend :)

rcracer
29-10-2008, 10:21 PM
York tracks never disappoint, that one in particular was a great track to race on. Got my most memorable result that weekend :)

yeah i remember that matty was a great to watch :thumbsup:

Northy
29-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Good point about entry critiria? Seeing as the NE Indoor Winter series is not BRCA, and therefore allowing Lipo this winter - can we qualify for the finals through this series? or through Worksop? or through both? or neither?

Good comment Chris, this years NE Indoor Series has nothing to do with the BRCA, but I might just use it to help with entry for the Indoor finals ;)

But as always, if you want to race at the BRCA National Finals, I suggest you get your entry form (as soon as available) to your regional rep ASAP. :)

G

Northy
29-10-2008, 10:40 PM
York tracks never disappoint.......

And I have some new ideas for this years track that hopefully we can try out at our NE Indoor Offroad Series event (9th Nov - hint) and over the winter. However we have such a strong team of people willing to help at York, I'm sure it'll be great :)

G

ben
29-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I heard there was going to be a 25 foot high wall of death made out of cheese with track markers made out of pie:confused::eh?:

mattym0310
30-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Ben, is food all you ever think about??:lol: That would be quite cool, but would groove quite quickly :eh?:

It'll be good to see what you have instore for us G :)

chrispattinson
30-10-2008, 11:33 AM
This is great news for York. Well done to the club. I must admit having it at Worksop 2 years in a row would not have been fair on other clubs wanting to host it. Just got to qualify now .... let's get some qualifying criteria decided upon G, I'll vote for Summer 08 results!!!! :thumbsup: - it'll save me the effort in this coming indoor series.

Can't wait for 9th Nov at york Indoor regional / UK finals practice!!!! Lets get loads of drivers booked in for York, and the rest of the series.
This is going to be a cracking indoor series.

mark christopher
30-10-2008, 11:54 AM
can we bring a caravan for sat nite

Welshy40
30-10-2008, 12:13 PM
What happens if there is zero regionals in my area, such as Surrey. Does this mean I am unable to compete due to there being zero clubs that do any regional competitions?

Chrislong
30-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeh Welshy, your doomed, stay at home. :thumbsup:

CharlieF
30-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi All
Qualification for Indoor Finals is as follows:
Each Region is allocated 15 places, there are 11 Regions including NI, so potentially 165 drivers for the event (although in reality 120 is the normal limit).

Regions where Indoor Racing is strong and popular usually hold Winter Indoor Series and use this to select which drivers qualify for the 15 places.
Regions where Indoor Racing is not so popular can use their Outdoor Winter Series or Summer series as qualification in the same way.
In Regions where there are none of these things happening just give you Entry Form to your Regional Rep and you will probably be "in" as he will not have a list of more than 15 drivers wishing to attend.

The bottom line is that each region has up to 15 places for the event and these are awarded via any qualification system to the "top 15 drivers wishing to attend the Indoor Finals event". That is, you may have finished 45th in your Region but if you are in the top 15 that "wish to go" - you are "in"!!

The reality of the above is that lots of drivers living close to the Indoor Finals venue will wish to attend where drivers living 200 miles away will not. The BRCA take account of this by awarding extra places to nearby regions or regions where indoor racing is popular, from those regions not taking up their full allocation of 15 places.
THIS IS WHY IT IS ALWAYS BEST TO PUT IN YOUR APPLICATION FORM TO YOUR REGIONAL REP. It is his job to get as many of his people "in" as possible and you would be surprised how successful some of them are on your behalf.

Regards

Lindsay
31-10-2008, 08:08 PM
can we bring a caravan for sat nite
Why take a caravan it's only a hour from your house,

Welshy40
04-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeh Welshy, your doomed, stay at home. :thumbsup:

Hehe I will. Its a bit strange and a bit unfair though.

Any one know who does the outdoor regionals for Surrey, as the BRCA web site hasnt been updated for years and a lot of sites no longer exist.

I guess I am going to have to start up the regionals for the Surrey region for buggy carpet racing, giving the lads down here a chance to qualify for the uk indoor champs. Maybe one day some of us will make the A (in my case again hopefully).

Northy
04-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Welshy, read Charlie's post, your region will get places, it's up to your rep how you qualify.

G

Lee
04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Is surrey a small island off the uk mainland :confused:

If not then im sure its already part of another region :eh?:

Belsten
04-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Does the Kentish region cover it ? Its not that far away is it ??? :confused:

CharlieF
04-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Surrey? Kent? Both are in the South East region I believe or what is known as Steve Brooke land. Although some may know it as NIGGS Land. Steve's email address is in the BRCA handbook 2008.