PDA

View Full Version : Benfield Winter Series 2014-2015

paulywally
12-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Lady's and Gents

Due to the outstanding success of Benfield's first winter series 2013-2014,

which brought together Local drivers, drivers from as far as Scotland and south Yorkshire, and gave new young driver's ( the super stars of the future) and driver's returning to the sport the opportunity to get involved and really enjoy and experience a local club level competition.

we have Been asked if we are running another series this year.

The club is looking to gauge interest from driver to see what interest there is again this year to run anther winter series, starting in October through to February.

Please contact us and let us know if you would like to support the series,
if there is enough interest we can start the negotiations on the hall and checking / confirming the dates.

Regards
Paul Carr

FrogPrince82
12-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Definitely interested, would love another series.

chrispattinson
12-08-2014, 08:38 AM
I'm up for it, but cant help think we're missing a trick to get even more competition at a winter series ....would a winter indoor regional championship be better? Just a thought?

Benfield, Seaham, York.

Allan1875
12-08-2014, 09:48 AM
I am up for it, although not interested in the series since I will be coming from Scotland.

I would race 2WD and 4WD and i reckon my Dad would also race 4WD.

paulywally
13-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Hi Guy's please have a look at the Benfield RC thread there is interesting growing by the day.

DAVO
14-08-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm up for it, but cant help think we're missing a trick to get even more competition at a winter series ....would a winter indoor regional championship be better? Just a thought?

Benfield, Seaham, York.

Yes this would be brilliant if it was to happen

Steven Forster
14-08-2014, 06:22 PM

Would be a great way to get more people from the north east involved......we had great success when we at NEAM ran our Xmas Winter series the last few years.....could be like the north east version of worksop ;).....only thing for me is being a partner in a taxi company Im very limited to when I can race :blush:

James27
14-08-2014, 08:08 PM
I would be keen to come back for another series, thanks

Shifta
14-08-2014, 09:22 PM

Benfield, Seaham, York.

I agree, the indoor regionals used to be brilliant..

paulywally
17-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Ladies and gents

Due to the steady increase of new junior drivers and continued support of long term club members we have decided to run Benfields second annual winter series.

The club would like to invite you to book in, attend and support the series, We intend to run a 5 round series both 2wd and 4wd, which is open to all drivers of any age or ability without discrimination, there will be trophies for the winner of each class and a special price for the under 16 class. ( The future of the sport ). at the end of the series.

The meetings will be held at:
Benfield Sports Centre
Benfield Road
Walkergate
Newcastle uponTyne NE6 4NU

The dates are as follows:
Round 1 -October Sunday 19th 2014
Round 2 - November Sunday 23rd 2014
Round 3 – December Sunday 14th 2014
Round 4 - January Sunday 18th 2015
Round 5 - February Sunday 15th 2015

Fee - £8.00 per class. Or £15.00 for both classes per round
U16 - £5.00 per class. Or £8.00 for both classes per round.

The club would like to encourage you to book in, in advance by PM K-Brewer or email benfieldrcclub@gmail.com (benfieldrcclub@gmail.com) confirming the round / date you would like to attend.

Doors will open at 7.30 am. Booking in Practice will be 8 am to 8.30 am followed by drivers' briefing We aim to have heats on the line at 8.45 am with the intention of finishing the meeting no later than 4 pm. Please note: The trophies and prizes presentation will be at the end of the Series, once the track has been cleared, and drivers will need to be present to claim any prizes.

payments can be made on the day, Cancelations we respectfully ask you to give 48 hours’ notice prior to the event to allow me time to amend the heat listing and make for a quicker start to the day.

TRACK PREPARATION IS ON SATURDAY 4PM –6pm VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO HELP LAY OUT THE TRACK AND PUT AWAY AFTER MEETING.

Hot and cold food is available. ( Waitress service available ) P.S don't for get to tip the waitress this year.

Benfield radio controlled car club runs 6.30 pm until 10pm every Friday. (all are welcome)

Regards
Paul Carr

Steven Forster
17-08-2014, 10:22 PM

Benfield, Seaham, York.

Would be a great way to get more people from the north east involved......we had great success when we at NEAM ran our Xmas Winter series the last few years.....could be like the north east version of worksop ;).....only thing for me is being a partner in a taxi company Im very limited to when I can race :blush:

I agree, the indoor regionals used to be brilliant..

Guess not then, judging by the lack of a reply to our questions and ignored with the confirmation of dates......guess we will be having our own Xmas/Winter Series as usual.....!!! :p

COFFIN DODGER
19-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Thought again.

jk007
24-09-2014, 09:09 PM

Benfield, Seaham, York.

Hi Chris
I remember racing in the 90's there was indoor regionals at York and harrogate
And im sure others but there the only ones I raced at.
Didn't have the money then ( ask Barry Williams ) in think I still owe him something (lol) I ran a traxxas trx1 at the time. Sponsored by Barry (lol). :thumbsup::thumbsup: