PDA

View Full Version : Public Review section

PaulRotheram
22-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Will you, the users be interested in a software which will allow you to post personal reviews on products, items, anything you want on oOple.com?

The software will cost abit so before making the investment we would like to see if it is worthwhile.

So simple really, yes or no? Please don't just say yes for the sake of it. only say yes if you would honestly use it, and find it beneficial.

Paul.

DCM
22-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Little more info would be good Paul!!

PaulRotheram
22-11-2006, 02:55 PM
what more can i say? you review products.. and you can upload it to the forum with a picture and text :confused:

It's somthing we are looking in to getting on the forum....

jimmy
22-11-2006, 02:59 PM
have a look at fredmiranda.com
its a photography site - basically like their lens reviews.

Photo and info on the product, and owners able to post their short reviews / opinions on that product with a rating.. Moderated to stop nutters and tied into the forum so only registered users can post, not random nutters posting spiteful crap! :p
An emphasis on constructive critique more than anything would be the ideal

Northy
22-11-2006, 03:05 PM
I think that sounds great. Don't let Stu review anything though!

G

Southwell
22-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Only stuff that get approved by yourself (Jim) or a mod first. Don't want random rubbish that makes no sense, or people reviewing products and completely slating the company. It would mainly need to be people that can give a 'good' review, not something that cannot be read easily, or doesn't make sense.

I love being able to edit posts ;) - Paul. - What did the 5 fingers say to the face??!!!!

DONT EDIT MY POSTS YA *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :D

jimmy
22-11-2006, 03:18 PM
yea they would need to be setup by someone like me or paul etc first.

as for random nutters, I think we could either screen them or just delete / edit nutters after.

losixxx
22-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Only stuff that get approved by yourself (Jim) or a mod first. Don't want random rubbish that makes no sense, or people reviewing products and completely slating the company. It would mainly need to be people that can give a 'good' review, not something that cannot be read easily, or doesn't make sense. (like Paul's posts :D :P)

easiest way to do that is just ban ashley from the new section:jocolor: :jocolor: :jocolor:

telboy
22-11-2006, 07:40 PM
I think thats a cool idea. seeing as I do reviews anyway for the mag It'd be nice to keep my hand in, in between the stuff that I do for them.

How you gonna police mindless advertising?

like, I could just plaster everything in huge Telsshells stickers.......
.....obviously I wouldn't.:rolleyes:

PaulRotheram
22-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Each review would be moderated before it would become 'live' for the public to view. This would just to prevent pointless, incorrect or anything as such appearing.