PDA

View Full Version : Dark Impacr/brushless fitment.

FifteenthNeo
25-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Just went to fit my Vector motor into the DI and have come across a problem. The solder tabs that stick out the side are restricting the positioning of the motor against the motor plate. I have tried every position possible, but with no luck. The only thing I can think of is mounting a spacer between the motor and the moto plate, this does then allow the solder tabs to clear any restriction.
My concern with this method is that the motor plate wont be working as a heatsing dicipating the heat from the motor?

DCM
25-11-2006, 12:24 PM
you could always dremmel some material out of the plastic brace.

FifteenthNeo
25-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Just had a mess about and depending on gearing I can just get the motor fitted. Theres minimal(2mm) clearance between the rear housing and one of the solder tabs. SHould be OK. Will try and get pics at some point.

5POINTSTAR
13-02-2007, 08:58 AM
A guy I know races a DI like myself. He did have to do some adjusting when he installed his Novak 4.5 brushless system... BTW-his 4wd is the fastest at the track!!!

jimmy
13-02-2007, 10:08 AM
My Mamba Max is touching the gearbox - but it fits so I don't care! :D if you get an alloy disc to space the motor out then you shouldn't have any worries with the motor plate not doing its job?