PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Racing MR4?

neiloliver
06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
I saw this 1/18th scale buggy in Waigo Hobby today in Shanghai but was not sure what it was so was worried I might not be able to get spares in the UK. Is it a badged up something else? FTX? LRP?

I am not 1/18th expert.

It was about £50 (assembled kit and motor), no other electrics, has some alloy parts and looked dead cute.

N

jimmy
06-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I thought it was the original version of the blaze type vehicles of which there are many (lrp, yokomo, duratrax, ftx) but I could be wrong :woot:

c0sie
06-11-2008, 04:16 PM
As far as I can remember the MR4 is the on-road/rally micro car from Anderson?

If so, ive never seen or heard of one in the UK ever :/

jimmy
06-11-2008, 04:19 PM
It's a buggy so I guess Neil got it wrong and he's talking about the MB4 then? - i just had a look and I'm pretty sure this is the same as the FTX Blaze style buggies?

jim76
06-11-2008, 04:28 PM
the LRP Shark is a re-badged Anderson MB4 truggy. It has Anderson on the manual/box!

The MB4 is identical to a Blaze, all FTX parts will fit. Better to get the truggy ST version though, as that is what everyone races.

Darren Boyle
06-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Anderson are the people who make the things, it is rumoured design was "assisted by Yokomo" and then it is sold all over the world as all the different brands - Anderson - Far East, Yokomo - Japan only, LRP - Europe, FTX - UK only, Duratrax - USA etc.

Without Anderson we would have no Shark or Blaze

c0sie
06-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Anderson dont make them, they are the Asian arm of the whole distribution deal :)
Anderson = Asia
LRP = Europe (ex. UK)
FTX = UK
Duratrax = USA
Yoke = Umm..Japan/China I think although you dont hear much about the Yoke ones at all.

If it is the MB4 you're refering too then yes..shed loads of spares avaliable from FTX and LRP :)

Darren Boyle
06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Fairly certain that Anderson are where the production is based, came from a fairly reliable source too

c0sie
06-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Lol, aint getting into a bigger penis comp over who makes the Blaze :)

Dont really make a difference cos they dont make em here :)

jim76
06-11-2008, 05:00 PM
As i said, the LRP shark box has Anderson all over it. Anderson make all the original parts, FTX, LRP and co just re-badge them.

oh, and they a wicked fun! get one!!!

lochness42
07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
I've got Anderson MB4 and it's same as LRP Shark or Duratrax Vendetta (I had all 3 in hand and could compare).

neiloliver
08-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys. It must have been the MB4 I was looking at now I see the car on the Microtech site. I am back in the UK now and did not get chance to see your replies and get the car. Never mind, i have friends in Chinese places if need be, but the RMB is so strong at present that the Microtech price is not too much higher.

Why is the LRP shark so much more expensive (>£100) if it is basically the same car?

The Anderson car seemed to have threaded rods connecting the two parts of the upper wishbone while the shark seems to be a fixed wishbone - are there many other differences?

I wanted to take a photo in the shop but the owner would not let me.

N

frogger
08-11-2008, 09:27 AM
The LRP Shark Factory Team comes with every upgrade that you'd probably ever need. Steel drive shafts, steel ball diffs, titanium turnbuckles, alloy steering with ball bearings, carbon shock towers, alloy shocks, etc. The only upgrade not already included with the Shark is titanium pivot balls. If you buy that standard car you will have to buy most of the above after market to get a good reliable and competitive car. Get the LRP Shark Fatcory Team and you're done :thumbsup:

neiloliver
08-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Cheers. What are the standard drive shafts and balls made from? Blutac??

lochness42
08-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Standart blue driveshafts are made of alloy. They can be easily bent (little help is to use CML Pivot ball front end conversion for FTX) and I've also melted them from inside a bit - can take photo if it's neeeded (prolly oil or graphite grease can help a bit). I really advice to get Atomic Steel one or from LRP/Duratrax (don't know if Andreson sells them as well) at least to the front.