PDA

View Full Version : Todays test day @ Bury

Stu
08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Team Extreme unveiled their new addition today – Greg Williams, current British National Junior champion.

http://www.northernracer.com/posted/48.jpg

Greg took part in a Predator test session today at Bury club’s track, using the latest update to the Predator line – the X11-08.

On test were some new parts the team are playing with, including modified rear chassis upright plates.

http://www.northernracer.com/posted/47.jpg

The minor update to this part is an extra bolt hole for the shock mount; this gives the rear suspension more droop to help it on rutted tracks where extra ride height is needed. It should also help the car land big jumps.

http://www.northernracer.com/posted/46.jpg

A new ‘beefed-up’ chassis was in use on Nathan & Gregg’s cars; the change being difficult to see apart from in side-by-side comparison of old & new.

In wet & greasy conditions the team were working hard on settings to help the car deal better with low bite surfaces, specific attention was being given to mid-corner grip. Critical to this is the extra ride-height the new rear shock plates allow and supple damping provided by the ‘Big-Bore’ shocks. Nathan was working with rear Roll-Bar settings to help ovoid under-steer in the greasy sections of the track.

It’s really encouraging to see the work and development being put in by the team, especially in areas that are not the natural strength of the car.

Nathan specifically asked me to thank Roger & Stu for the access to the track – so there it is. When we arrived there was shopping trolly in the middle of the straight, not sure why? Also not sure why Barry decided to get in it as we shifted it out the way - :confused: We left it under the rostrum steps - maybe it will come in handy for future use.

http://www.northernracer.com/posted/45.jpg

KevLee
08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the team Greg! would like to have come up today for some trolley racing but the other half had different ideas!

Good luck at York tomorrow!

mattym0310
08-11-2008, 05:06 PM
was a great day, really helpful and we learnt lots of new things. The cars were very quick by the end of the day with the changes we made.
Thanks Roger and Stu for use of the track :)

mattym0310
08-11-2008, 05:11 PM
oh and Greg was very quick with his new car, will be great to see how he does tomorrow!

James
08-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Good luck with it Greg, you've looked really quick since the juniors at eastrax :thumbsup:

niggs98
08-11-2008, 11:53 PM
awsome team test day, really enjoyed it, welcome to the team greg and barry was nice to see you settle in so well with the car, and to the rest of the team who came to help, look forward to york tommorrow now to carry on the good work.

thanks to stu evans for the great report and as said previously special thanks must go to to Roger and Stu Wood for the help aranging the track at such short notice. roll on the next test day

Garry Driffill
09-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Well done Gregg & Barry - Such a great asset to the Xtreme Team :D

phil c
09-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Realy wanted to go but had to work (gutted):(

blitzboy
09-11-2008, 11:41 AM
really wanted to go but transport failure was my problem better luck next time niggs you look like you ve been on the loopy juice pushing that trolley mate ,, well done grey and barry team extremes have made another brilliant choice for 2009:thumbsup:

Tom3012
09-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Congratulations greg, hope all goes well!

Gutted i couldnt be there yesterday, was really looking foward to it! We should do this sort of thing more often :thumbsup:

mattym0310
09-11-2008, 07:38 PM
don't worry tom i'm sure we will do! :)

Welldone to Greg for today at York in both 2wd and 4wd.

walla
09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
how greg do wer abouts did he come in his finals?

AndyM
09-11-2008, 09:23 PM
how greg do wer abouts did he come in his finals?

2nd overall in 2wd, top half of the B in 4wd i think.

Was a great weekend, big thanks to Nathan for organising it and travelling so many 100's of miles to make it work. And thanks to Stu and Roger for letting us use the track.

Well done Greg today!

Cheers guys,

Lowie
10-11-2008, 03:05 AM
well, wanted to come too, ... but it's kinda far for me (living near Brussels).

When 's the next Test day ... on the continent?
I would certainly drive a long distance to be able to join on a Pred-day ... but the channel is 'a bit over the top' :(

blitzboy
10-11-2008, 08:57 AM
iv heard nathan and lewis are trying to get a trip aranged for the early part of next year abroad so keep your eyes peeled on here and www.the-pred.co.uk as it will be anounced there first or pm niggs98 ;);)

restimax
10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
great!!
i want search home in U.K.!!!!:D:wub

sosidge
10-11-2008, 04:39 PM
great!!
i want search home in U.K.!!!!:D:wub

Where do you live? Is it sunny? I'll swap mine... :thumbsup:

Barry Williams
10-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Great test day first time with the new X11 -08, very impressed with the car & Greg was very pleased with it as well.
Big thanks to nathan for setting it up & travelling miles to build the car on friday night. Also echo previous thanks to Roger & Stu wood for letting this happen.
By the way i have been offered a full A team factory drive from tesco's after my efforts in the trolley!!!!!!:)

josh_smaxx
10-11-2008, 08:24 PM
By the way i have been offered a full A team factory drive from tesco's after my efforts in the trolley!!!!!!:)

Woah woah woah.... i think Niggs was driving :p your a co-driver :woot:

Barry Williams
10-11-2008, 08:32 PM

hey dont steal my thunder, that was the only thing i was allowed a try of all day :o

niggs98
10-11-2008, 08:33 PM

pmsl, as you can see from the picture barry was helping me like a sat nav with hand dirrections to move the trolley under the rostrum, i was gonna change his name in a tomtom style but barrbarr just didnt sound right :woot::woot:

niggs98
10-11-2008, 08:37 PM
hey dont steal my thunder, that was the only thing i was allowed a try of all day :o

it was the only thing we trusted you with as it didnt have any bits for you to adjust and get wrong :woot::woot:

Barry Williams
10-11-2008, 08:44 PM
pmsl, as you can see from the picture barry was helping me like a sat nav with hand dirrections to move the trolley under the rostrum, i was gonna change his name in a tomtom style but barrbarr just didnt sound right :woot::woot:

barr barr??????? makes me sound like a sheep :confused: lol
Seriously though the car was very good & went well at York also, only a shame that both Gregs best runs were when he suffered from interference, a bit more time & hopefully he can get a bit closer to the ultimate pace.

josh_smaxx
10-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Baz baz :D

Car did look good at York, the preds impress me more and more everytime i see them, good luck next season :thumbsup:

niggs98
10-11-2008, 08:50 PM
barr barr??????? makes me sound like a sheep :confused: lol
Seriously though the car was very good & went well at York also, only a shame that both Gregs best runs were when he suffered from interference, a bit more time & hopefully he can get a bit closer to the ultimate pace.

as you say m8, both of you seemed to settle in with the car well, shame the interference gremlins got greg on sunday as he definatly had pace for a better result than he got but as we said at the time, there is a lot of potential there and it already is showing ;)

restimax
10-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Where do you live? Is it sunny? I'll swap mine... :thumbsup:

i live in italy, we dont have some track for the off-road, and the number of the drivers are little...:(

Alfonzo
11-11-2008, 10:48 AM
But the sun shines, the food is gorgeous and the wine great - so life is ok for you Restimax ;):thumbsup: