PDA

View Full Version : need help chosing car

lofti
26-11-2006, 09:24 PM
have been looking to buy a buggy but have little experience in rc cars (been about 15 years since last had a go) an dont know if to get a 4 wheel drive or two as different people have different things to say about both . so would appreciate any info and or recomendations any one can give me . thanks lofti:confused:

jim76
26-11-2006, 09:37 PM
depends on what your local club mainly race really. if most of the locals run 2wd then you're better of with a 2wd.
2wd are cheaper to buy, and to maintain, but are slightly harder to drive.

Best bet, go along to your local club and chat to a few members, see what cars they have and maybe see if a couple will let you try them to see which you prefer.

lofti
26-11-2006, 09:42 PM
cheers jim76 think batley going to be my closest. cant find any closer

LEGEND
27-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Well if you are wanting to race competivley then i recon you should go with 2. they may be a bit harder to drive so by the time you are relly good and you go to 4 will be a peice of cake. But if everyone is racing 4 at your club then you should go with the clubs favourite.;)

barnyard
27-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Batley is generally an even split between 2 and 4 it all depends upon the day.

the next club day i believe is the 10th dec so have a run down if you want to take a closer look.

as Jim says 2wd are cheaper to get setup with and easier to maintain. 4wd are easier to drive. Spares are about the same price for both.

the choice is really down to personal preferance some hate 4wd others 2wd and the majority of others are in the category of as long as it isn't a touring car its all good.