PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya M-03 Mini tyres & TT01 question

General Accident
10-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Any suggestions for a decent tyre for a Mini on carpet. The kit ones suck and the bloody thing goes round corners like its got castors on instead of wheels. Spinning is an understatement. I tried to fit some wheels off a Schumacher Mi3 onto the Mini but they fouled the hubs so I'm guessing I'll have to stick with the Tamiya wheels.

Also, will "proper" premounted tyres ie, RP's or similar fit onto a TT01 chassis car, I've seen they go for cheap money so I fancied a dabble but if I can't get half-decent rubber I'm not going to bother.

gazbaz2
11-11-2008, 04:30 PM
We use 3 racing wheels n tyres on carpet at our club and they fine, they seem to spin alot on exceleration but going into a corner is good, in fact you could get a little grip roll, but have to warn you, the fronts do wear out quick, heres a link to the tyres, there in Hong kong but you can get them from the uk, paul cook has them in at Cleveland Models in middlesbrough, hope this helps http://www.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=2223 oh and i think there only £7.00 full set.
Gaz

spud31
11-11-2008, 05:27 PM
At our club we use the 3racing green compund foams, so much better

Robbiejuk
11-11-2008, 06:20 PM
The Ansmann Tyres have ludicrous amounts of grips on our carpet, sounds like they would be ideal on yours.

They are 8.00 for four preglued with inserts. Should be available from most uk hobby shops.

General Accident
11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Will the Ansmann preglued wheels fit onto an M-chassis though? Thats the question.

Robbiejuk
11-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Will the Ansmann preglued wheels fit onto an M-chassis though? Thats the question.

Yes as that is what they are designed for.

This is them..

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/Ansmann-Racing-16-Spoke-Mini-Wheel-Tyre-Set-p/ar211000063.htm

quincey
11-11-2008, 09:58 PM
ive used the m-grip softs,they grip well off the mark but can grip roll into hairpins,you are running a ball diff and using the toe in rear uprights and the anti roll bars i presume?
these do help

General Accident
12-11-2008, 06:43 AM
you are running a ball diff and using the toe in rear uprights and the anti roll bars i presume?

Nope, absolutely box stock other than ball races.

Lowie
12-12-2008, 10:16 PM
i always look for a maximum grip in the rear, using S-grips in the rear and M-grips on the front (we are only alowed Tamiya-tyres in our Tamiya-competition so I haven't got any other that I could try and compare).
Also I balance the car with some weight. Adding a bit of weight in the rear will make the car roll less forward when you lossen de the throthle when taking turns.
I prevent griprolls by giving the front tyres a small ring of CA-glue on the outer side of the rim. This makes the tyre just loosen some lateral grip, enough so that your chassis doesn't flip over.

(picture from RC-Tech, showing where to apply the CA-glue:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/ashman_1985/red.jpg )

cwilson
12-12-2008, 10:29 PM
as for the tt-01 any rims with a 14mm hex will fit. personally i have on mine a set of rims from a hobao hyper 10 and they fit perfectly. they a bit offset so they make the car wider and more stable at high speed.

sidecarphil
07-03-2009, 06:44 PM
i use M Grip tamiya tyres all round

with super glue added to the inner and outer sidewalls

i get tyre squeel whilst cornering :)

Spoolio
08-03-2009, 12:09 AM
I am now running Ansmann premounted tyres and if anything I now have too much grip!!! I may investigate Tamiya M-grips for my next meeting. At the moment the car is stock, with a Sport tuned motor. Other than tyres where would my budget be best directed towards making the car go better; dampers, toe-in rear hubs, ball-diff, springs etc?