PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start racing again, which cars are popular at the club?

liquid ideas
07-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Having sold my 511 a while back I'm looking to get a new car to start up again. Have my old radio and electrics so just need a chassis to put it in. Although the tamiya was great, I ended up getting a load of spare parts from Hong Kong due to lack of availability in the UK at the time. I would like something more readily available over here so thinking along lines of a Schumacher K1 maybe.

What's popular at the club or is it a mix of the main manufacturers?

Is 4wd still the main category raced or is 2wd taking over? Been a while since was last down so will try to pop in on a race night.

Thanks

Ramoon

beasty boys motorsport
07-11-2014, 09:39 AM
associated and schumacher are the most popular, seems to be a few just concentrating on 2wd at the moment, but most have both classes

Noob
07-11-2014, 10:46 AM
associated and schumacher are the most popular, seems to be a few just concentrating on 2wd at the moment, but most have both classes

More heats of 2wd but we can switch to 4 to fill up heats

Steven Forster
07-11-2014, 11:08 AM

As above, and also yokomo.....

honrico Diablo
08-11-2014, 09:41 AM
I've just switched to the B5M from Durango 210 mostly due to spares issues. Must say the car is fantastic and fast becoming a one make series at Benfield!

nobby
08-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Pop along to the club, and have a chat with the guys.
They'll be more than happy to help you.
Do you want 2wd or 4wd?

liquid ideas
09-11-2014, 10:38 AM
I've only ever driven 4wd properly but if 2wd is the more popular class now then would consider giving it a go. Probablying end up with both as still want a 4wd regardless lol. I'll be going to seaham on occasions as well and last time I was there 4wd was the main class.

DAVO
09-11-2014, 02:10 PM
I've only ever driven 4wd properly but if 2wd is the more popular class now then would consider giving it a go. Probablying end up with both as still want a 4wd regardless lol. I'll be going to seaham on occasions as well and last time I was there 4wd was the main class.

Seaham is usually 90% 2wd call over tonight for a watch etc

liquid ideas
09-11-2014, 09:30 PM
From the feedback I'm getting it seems 2wd is the way to go, imagine its bit cheaper to run as-well. So on that basis, is the B5M the car to have?

COFFIN DODGER
10-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Ramoon, you can't go wrong with a B5m. So easy to drive and bags of grip.

liquid ideas
10-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Thanks Gordon, will try come round this Friday to have a chat.