PDA

View Full Version : Ansmann Master Smacker replace/upgrade.

themagicnumber
22-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Hey,

I picked up an old Ansmann 'Master Smacker' for a couple of quid knowing parts were going to be difficult to get.. and it clearly needed some..long story short - parts are like rocking horse wotsit and the spur gear (Ansmann calls it a middle gear) is knackered.
I can only find one seller of a legit part, he only has one, so for future reference does anyone know of an interchangeable part from another vehicle (it's a 64t to a 22t pinion).

I plan to replace the current electronics as it's all seen better days..would I need to change the gearing from the stock 64/22 to accommodate a 10t brushless?

Ben The Bike
22-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Hey,

I picked up an old Ansmann 'Master Smacker' for a couple of quid knowing parts were going to be difficult to get.. and it clearly needed some..long story short - parts are like rocking horse wotsit and the spur gear (Ansmann calls it a middle gear) is knackered.
I can only find one seller of a legit part, he only has one, so for future reference does anyone know of an interchangeable part from another vehicle (it's a 64t to a 22t pinion).

I plan to replace the current electronics as it's all seen better days..would I need to change the gearing from the stock 64/22 to accommodate a 10t brushless?

Mine has a 0.8mod spur from the ecx/maverick line of 1/10 cars (http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=MV22606), and a 19t 0.8mod pinion to match, cheap and plentiful. It will need some bodging and cutting of the gear cover to fit
, but is really solid when done.

As for the motor, no slipper and hard to find parts mean i would only run a mild brushless in it, 17.5 with punch turned right down should be enough. And gives 45min runtime with a 5000mah lipo :thumbsup:

Ill post pics of mine tomorrow if i get time

themagicnumber
22-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Mine has a 0.8mod spur from the ecx/maverick line of 1/10 cars (http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=MV22606), and a 19t 0.8mod pinion to match, cheap and plentiful. It will need some bodging and cutting of the gear cover to fit
, but is really solid when done.

As for the motor, no slipper and hard to find parts mean i would only run a mild brushless in it, 17.5 with punch turned right down should be enough. And gives 45min runtime with a 5000mah lipo :thumbsup:

Ill post pics of mine tomorrow if i get time

Thanks for the reply..I haven't picked up a transmitter for close to thirty years so it's all new to me - the 9t was a regular result from Google when asked for suggestions on a brushless upgrade, so all advice appreciated.
I'm pretty good at bodging so I'll look into that. Thanks.