PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Couple of questions?

Simmo78
26-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi folks.

I've recently got back into the world of R/C after a 20 year break and got myself a 2nd hand SV2 that I'm currently kitting out.

I used to race at BMCC in the 90's, but when recently enquiring about 2wd indoor racing they mentioned it's mainly 1/12's currently but said to drop you guys a line :-)

Being in Arnold, I was thinking of popping up one Wednesday evening to have a look and see, but whilst getting the finishing bits together, I was wondering if there were any restrictions on the tyres being used? As I know mini pins are not always permitted, I'd be grateful if someone could give me an idea of what's best to use (inc inserts), so I can get that area of the re-build sorted :-)

Many thanks and look forward to popping up at some point in the near future.

Simmo

Muzzie
26-11-2014, 04:23 PM
The tyres we use are Schuey mini pins on the rear and Schuey low profile cut stagger on the front, but you can run what you like.

PBM racing is the best place for tyre, just talk to Andy and he'll sort you out :thumbsup:

See you at Mansfield

Simmo78
26-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Cheers Muzzie. Appreciate the advice. Will drop wife at Ikea one day and I'll head to PBM for a look around :-)

See you there soon