PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a Tyre Glue

Bigdawgracer
26-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi All,

I'm coming back to racing in the New Year after a 20 year break!

I've just got myself some new tyres but what to stick them to the rims with?

Back in the day we used super-glue but the modern stuff is totally different - is it still ok to use or is there something better?

Thanks for reading!

szymanski2oo1
26-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Ha ... I was in same boat 9 months ago!
I'm still using normal super glue .. Pound shop stuff does the job, just not good for gluing tyres just before a race, needs longer to set and you got to make sure you apply it evenly ... From my limited knowledge the proper tire glue is just much thinner than the usual super glue so it flows round the wheel rim better and sets quicker ...

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone .. :-)

Happy racing fella!

Hi All,

I'm coming back to racing in the New Year after a 20 year break!

I've just got myself some new tyres but what to stick them to the rims with?

Back in the day we used super-glue but the modern stuff is totally different - is it still ok to use or is there something better?

Thanks for reading!

longman
26-11-2014, 07:12 PM
I use RB tyre glue ace stuff, and let for ages..

Peakey
26-11-2014, 07:33 PM
I use no nonsense super glue from screw fix it's thin so it runs round the bead, it sets quick and best of all it's cheep :thumbsup:

bretts
26-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Screwfix again, but it's loctite for me.

Dissolves nicely in nail varnish remover. (acetone based)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/loctite-super-glue-10g/38743

Might try no nonsence - thanks Peakey

Allan1875
26-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Pro-line probond.

badger5
26-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Core RC glue, the best I've used and comes with two removable applicator tips that make it really easy to apply a small thin bead.

Chris Larner
26-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Bob Smiths for me. Available in most model shops.

Verde
26-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Starloc Flexycyano from SHOP4GLUE.COM is probably the best I've used. HPI is also very good.

http://www.shop4glue.com/flexy-cyano-20g-flexible-rubber-toughened-cyanoacrylate-super-glue-adhesive-black-ca-superglue-86-p.asp

/tobys
26-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Bob Smiths for me. Available in most model shops.

+1 for Bob Smiths

DCM
26-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Got to be Nuclear RC stuff from Dave Belsten!!

racingdwarf
27-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Zap pink (thin) for all schumacher tyres just put it on let it run round the joint job done. Zap green (thick) for dirt tyres Proline etc as I find you need to glue them right into the bead and then use tyre bands as they are a large soft tyre.

Zap is cheep lots of shops have it and it works, been using it for years 10+ in both 10th and rallyx tried a couple of other rc tyre glues and had tyres come off so back to the zap.

Also used AKA glue and proline, both good but bloody costly:thumb down:

Tied nuclear stuff a year ago or so, maybe a bad batch but it was pants:blush:

Silberpfeil
27-11-2014, 12:31 AM
I've tired 3 brands over the years.

Bob Smith in medium, thick and extra thick. Always had a great bond, easy to work with as it doesn't go everywhere. The dry time is a factor though but I always let my tires cure overnight before I use them.

MuchMore Racing instant Tire CA Glue. It's about as thin as water, very messy if you get it wrong but drys within a couple seconds. Quite hard to use if you don't have a steady hand or are use to thicker glues.

And I've also used Zap Goo CA. A bit like Shoe goo but CA based. Easy to use, has some flex in it once dried but it smells so bad. It's worse than Acetone etc but because it's so thick, the smell hangs around for a couple days while it cures.

Out of the three, I like Bob Smith the most.

-Jeremy

h0m3sy
27-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Core RC glue, the best I've used and comes with two removable applicator tips that make it really easy to apply a small thin bead.

+1 for the Core glue here but whatever one you choose, make sure your wheels and tyres are both prepped to accept the glue or it won't matter which glue you use, your tyres WILL become unstuck!

watfordtrackwarrior
27-11-2014, 10:16 AM
the best I have found is jconcepts even used it to glue a broken hoover head

dicky14
27-11-2014, 11:51 AM
im currently using HPI tyre glue. really thin and quick drying, also bob smiths but having trouble getting that from our local shop:confused:

RogerM
27-11-2014, 12:45 PM
I've used all sorts over the years.

Bob Smith Industries insta works very well but does take a while to cure, especially in cold temps.

Currently using the Core RC glue and it's brilliant and the supplied nozzles mean you can get the glue where you needed it easily.

http://www.jemodels.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=CORE-CR522

tyreman
27-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Bob smith all the way
http://screwz4rc.co.uk/product/bob-smith-industries-insta-cure-glue/
Enter screwz10 at the check out for a 10% discount free shipping also:thumbsup:

subucultcha
24-03-2015, 06:30 AM
Loctite 406 hands down the best glue for tires.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cutting42
25-03-2015, 10:09 PM
RDRP

http://www.dms-racing.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/rdrp2010.gif

Well that's every freaking super glue in the universe recommended then :thumbsup:

fivepointnine
28-03-2015, 04:09 PM
don't know if you can get is over here, but the TLR stuff is what I prefer