PDA

View Full Version : hyper 21 8 port engine

jimmy
01-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I just got my Hong Nor x1CR from ebay, came with a hyper21 8 port thing. I have only had one engine before and this is a bit different so im not even sure what I am looking at.

Basically there is an additional bit of fuel tube which exits the side of the body of the engine - and re-enters at the backplate !?!
I've not seen anything like this before (I'm a noob) is this usual and what is the difference ?

the box for the engine says "with boost attachment" ... So I guess that is what it is ? whats it mean, and is it bad ?

jimmy
01-12-2006, 02:26 PM
found a photo.... no explanation of what it is or does, but it looks a bit gimmicky and not even sure it is race legal ?

http://www.ofna.com/images/eng-hyper21-8boost.jpg

jimmy
01-12-2006, 02:29 PM
it also claims to be a "turbo" engine, does this mean it needs different plugs to normal or ??

dave g
01-12-2006, 02:52 PM
right the idea is basically to give good even crankcase pressure..to be honest i think its more gimmicky than anything useful,i had one on my first 8 port,i just blanked the front and rear nipples off.

turbo is just a gimmick name for the turbo fan i think..no way resembles a turbo or works like one.

jimmy
01-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks dave, I might do that. did you just use a couple of screws ?

dave g
01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
in the carb neck i used a bolt with a fibre gasket washer,in the rear i put the normal backplate on but i suppose you could put a bolt and gasket on,if its working ok leave it but for me its just another place to get an air leak...because 2 strokes use crank induction if theres anything less than a perfect seal on the backplate or carb area it will start to run lean as it sucks air in.

barnyard
01-12-2006, 05:27 PM
turbo in most cases referes to the type of plug used

normal plug has the copper washer to seal it to the head

turbo plug uses a conical seat to seal

see here -

http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php?part=Products&AR_Stat04=RB%20CONCEPT&FA_CodeFamille=BOU&ref=01&go=go

not sure why a sunshield is in the glowplug section, any thoughts?