PDA

View Full Version : 4wd slipper clutch adjustment

kevden45
16-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Hello I'm wanting to set the slipper clutch correctly on my b44.1 electric buggy, I understand it's pretty easy to do with 2wd as you just hold the back wheels down and dip the throttle until the car just lifts up. But I'm unsure how you do it on 4wd drive versions to get a standard setting that just needs tweeking a little bit at the track. I appreciate any help cheers.

V6Jim
16-01-2015, 10:45 AM
You actually, usually, have to set it up at the track. People have lots of different ways of doing it, none of which are particularly scientific!

Generally you want the car to slip for about a foot or two depending on grip - hence doing it at the track. The car will get easier and easier to drive the more slip you have, but, too much slip and the slipper will melt. I know, I've done it a few times!

Jimmy

kevden45
16-01-2015, 10:56 AM
okay cheers, Yeah I've heard of that many ways it gets confusing, I saw a video of someone putting an allan key into the slipper whole. Then pushing down the front end of the car and running the front two wheels with the back off the ground over the surface they are racing on until the wheels stop slipping. With being a newbie i'm not to sure how to hear the sound of the slipper slipping yet so I'm not sure how to set it up, at the moment it's way to loose!

V6Jim
16-01-2015, 12:25 PM
A slipper, slipping goes 'Wheeeee'. Or sometimes 'Hewwwww'.

LOL.

Jimmy

kevden45
16-01-2015, 05:07 PM
haha yeah it probablys dounds obvious but with all the other noises going on I find it hard to focus in on the slipper I will give it a go at the track tomorrow cheers for the advice

wookiee76
22-01-2015, 09:54 PM
The one thing to make sure of if you have ball diffs is that they aren't slipping because they will melt far quicker than the slipper, whistles and looks around innocently.

Danny Harrison
22-01-2015, 11:59 PM
okay cheers, Yeah I've heard of that many ways it gets confusing, I saw a video of someone putting an allan key into the slipper whole. Then pushing down the front end of the car and running the front two wheels with the back off the ground over the surface they are racing on until the wheels stop slipping. With being a newbie i'm not to sure how to hear the sound of the slipper slipping yet so I'm not sure how to set it up, at the moment it's way to loose!

I do exactly this on a slippy part of the track. Push car foreward untill front wheels just start to lock up n slide. It should be almost perfect every time. Doesnt work well if grip is high.