PDA

View Full Version : Shell spaying tips

tommygun
31-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Any good advice on painting shells? Like number of layers applied, paint types and how far to hold the can from the shell etc... Just thought it's time have a new shell as my current one is abit scabby and peeling!

Ashlandchris
31-01-2015, 11:46 PM
If using rattle cans, definitely use lexan paint - tamiya stuff is usually best. Lots of thin layers works and lasts best and gives smoothest finish. Hold can at least 15cm away. Don't remove protective outer film until all finished. Dry between coats usually only 5mins depending upon temperature.
Umm, can't think of anything else.
Oh, stick some protective tape (gaffa works well) on inside to protect paint where it rubs, or contacts chassis. Makes paint last longer

Tilly
01-02-2015, 11:58 AM
I only did 1 layer ot each colour on my centro and it looks fine but it does depend in what colour ur spraying as when i used florescent colours they didn't cover as well as regular colours. I use the Tamiya paint and have to agree it's good stuff
Craig

tommygun
01-02-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm using white and blue and orange colours, nothing fancy. I have herd that there is a thick top layer you spray on the shell to stop rubbing, peeling etc...
Hoping to get it done for next week. Going to order some spray paint off Model Sport uk or MB Models. Iv'e had a un used shell for years and not got it in use! Need to get my money's worth!!! :lol:

J77MYF
01-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Spray the darkest colours first.

NeilRalph77
01-02-2015, 11:15 PM
I've found the best thing to do is learn to spell what you want to do before starting out!!!

bricol
02-02-2015, 12:03 AM
At least it won't breed ;-)

However, if he's anything like me, my mind spells things correctly, just my fingers don't!

Bri

cobra_shadow
02-02-2015, 03:54 PM
I've found the best thing to do is learn to spell what you want to do before starting out!!!

:thumbsup: bit harsh that dude ... but you do have a point ...
:woot: good job you went to skool tommy boy lol

NeilRalph77
02-02-2015, 08:19 PM
:thumbsup: bit harsh that dude ... but you do have a point ...

Nope not harsh at all after finding the top drawer of my hauler full of his crap, and besides Potter senior gives it to him far worse.

tommygun
04-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Was all Big potters idea was the hauler and crap Ralphy! I would say what you gave me on th Friday evening...:woot: and cheers for the advice people ,:thumbsup: