PDA

View Full Version : Car of choice.

Pedders
02-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Gents.

I'm looking for some guidance. I attended last Friday with a losi 22 I got second hand and was supprised to see no one else ran losi at the club.
I figure I will need to start investing in parts and hot ups in the not to distant future as intend to come regularly to here and silverstone.

The impression is I would get a different car that most people use at the club to assist in set up parts and general support etc. so just looking for people's views and opinions please.

Many thanks

James

chuckie stella
02-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Hey mate,

So many people will tell you what you should be running and most will be bias. However, the simple answer is get any forward motor (for the surfaces you'll be racing on) style car you can afford and enjoy :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing you again soon,

Matt

Pedders
02-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Matt. Thanks and thankyou for your help on fri night.

I'm thinking the new kf2 seems to be what a lot of people had.

I just had some shorty lipos delievered so would like to make use of them.

Will be back next Friday with the losi if nothing else by then to get more practice.

Danny Harrison
02-02-2015, 05:35 PM
The new yokomo yz2 should also be popular. Its a missile on high grip tracks. :thumbsup:

luke
02-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Hi James
Why not stick with what you have and get some track time and enjoy what you have, get use to driving then go from thete

dazp83
02-02-2015, 06:58 PM
I agree with the above, other people's setups are their preferences and you don't need the latest car to be competitive. I had a hobao h2 which is a copy of the losi 22 and its a good car.

Chalkie
02-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Gents.

I'm looking for some guidance. I attended last Friday with a losi 22 I got second hand and was supprised to see no one else ran losi at the club.
I figure I will need to start investing in parts and hot ups in the not to distant future as intend to come regularly to here and silverstone.

The impression is I would get a different car that most people use at the club to assist in set up parts and general support etc. so just looking for people's views and opinions please.

Many thanks

James

Hi James

First of all I hope you enjoyed yourself Friday, as at the end of the day it's all for fun :)

Don't get hung up on changing your car yet, your losi is a robust car and more than capable of getting in an A final in the right hands.
To start with your probably better off getting all your electronics sorted as these can be carried with you if/when you change car.

With regard to support it depends when you go, different clubs tend to favour different cars/brands. At TCRCMC the Team C cars have the biggest following whilst if you travel to Silverstone the Schumacher KF was the most popular but the new YZ2 seems to be getting a big following.

Pedders
03-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Yep thanks. I think the plan of sticking as is for the time being and can see where I go as Time passes.

Yes I had great fun and will be back for more no doubt.

hazeandfizz
03-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Sounds like great advise form all the guys on here, run your current car until you think it's holding you back then find a popular car at the club like the KF or KF2 and see how quick you go.

James.

Yep thanks. I think the plan of sticking as is for the time being and can see where I go as Time passes.

Yes I had great fun and will be back for more no doubt.

weejimmy
03-02-2015, 03:59 PM
You might be able to pick up a second hand KF at a good price now the KF2 is out. It's still a great car and the KF2 being released hasn't changed that, especially for high grip! :thumbsup:

vrooom
03-02-2015, 08:53 PM
I started with losi 22 in this club. Its still great car, still got it and couldn't part with it. You don't need that many hop up with losi 22.