PDA

View Full Version : New member coming to Jarrow

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi all my name is Tim I am going to start your club in jan 09 an thought I would introduce myself. I used to race buggys 14 years ago at teeside buggy club. I used to race a cougar 2 works and a cat 2000 ec. I packed it in to get some cash for a real car as I was into them for a good few years. Now I am married with kids the real cars are to expensive !

chrispattinson
25-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi Tim,

You'll be more than welcome at Jarrow, and if you need any help getting your gear ready to race, just ask.
1/10th electric 4WD buggy is ideal. I know a CAT EC Tq'd and won the A final at Jarrow not long ago :thumbsup:

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 09:42 AM
I am going to pop in to see your club next week but I have seen a video on your facebook and I like the track size and the big jump LOL I am trying to put together a competative car but on a budget so I have decided to get most of the stuff second hand from eBay ! Here's what I have got so far

B4 factory with a blue ally wishbones £55
JR9000z ultra fast servo 0.06 60degrees £17
Nosram storm 4.5 brushless (bit hot for 2wd) £18
Lrp 3000 mah battery £10
Already had a Losi pistol transmitter and a reciever
Already got a charger for all battery types Inc lipo

I need a good brushless esc which I am looking at a novak gtb

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the reply I know 4 wd would have been ideal but there so much more expensive that a b4 and I will go 4wd later when I have got back into the swing of driving agian as 14 years is a long time LOL

I need to know what tires to get and also what pinion to get for a 81t spurs with the 4.5 brushless

Thanks

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 10:32 AM
I noticed from the video that you don't lay any astrotuf so I guess grip is an issue for 2wd so what are the best tires to use for a b4 at your indoor track ?

chrispattinson
25-11-2008, 10:45 AM
You need to use Schumacher tyres, in no other than YELLOW compound.

The most popular tread pattern is mini spike - so you would need:
1 pair 2WD front Schumacher Mini Spike Yellows
1 pair Rear (4WD and 2WD are the same rears) Schumacher mini spike yellows.

There have been a couple of 2WD cars lately, but there is a danger of becoming frustrated at the lack of performance, as the hall is very slippery. Howver, there are plans to lay a lot more carpet down.
We do have a club car you can use if you would like to try for a race or two.

As for a pinion, run a 19 or 20 tooth 48dp pinion on the 4.5 in a B4 with 81T spur.

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the help !
I noticed how slippy it looked on the vid and I used to do some racing in a sports hall back in the day and I know how slippy it was off AstroTurf

I will get the tyres !

I am mainly going to use the b4 to learn to drive again as altho I used to do well 14 years ago I think since I havnt touched a rc car for so long it will be like starting from scratch !

It would be nice to try the club car ! I would bring my pistol style tranny

I have also noticed after rebiulding the b4 that it needs a few new screws as there rounded off. What's the cheapest option for getting hold of some new ones ?

Gemma
25-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Well hello there Mr Snowdon, Long time no see.

Married with kids, now thats impressive!!

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 11:16 AM
On the tyre front is it mini pin or mini spike in yellow compound ?

chrispattinson
25-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Cheapest source of screws - come to the club, we should be able to sort some screws out for a B4.

Minispike tyres for the front.

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Ooo my god it's Gemma ! LOL I was watching a video of my racing the other day and you were on it LOL you must have been about 12 ish !
Nice to here from you ! Will you be there next week ? Just feel a bit shy turning up and not knowing anyone ! Is there anyone else there I will know ?
I am bringing my dad like old times LOL

Gemma
25-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Ooo my god it's Gemma ! LOL I was watching a video of my racing the other day and you were on it LOL you must have been about 12 ish !
Nice to here from you ! Will you be there next week ? Just feel a bit shy turning up and not knowing anyone ! Is there anyone else there I will know ?
I am bringing my dad like old times LOL

Yes it me :woot:
haha Where was that Video, OMG I bet I looked a belter lol :lol:
Nah I dont race much now! But Kash is racing, we dont venture upto Jarrow, but occassionally go to TRCC as they have a Scout Hut in Acklam in Middlesbrough!
Im not sure if you will know anybody there! Its changed over the passed 14 yrs Tim :D
OMG say Hi to your dad for me, Eh the good old days!!
There is a regional on 30th November @ South Shields, Get yourself booked in, I shall be there!!:)

So you still in Hartlepool? :)

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Yes I am still in hpool ! Did live in Sunderland for a bit !
Were the regional at ?
I have been up to the scout centre a few weeks back but they don't do much of the buggys ! And I don't fancy the tt-01 stuff !

On the vid you were hiding from the camera as u were a little shy back then LOL

Gemma
25-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Yes I am still in hpool ! Did live in Sunderland for a bit !
Were the regional at ?
I have been up to the scout centre a few weeks back but they don't do much of the buggys ! And I don't fancy the tt-01 stuff !

On the vid you were hiding from the camera as u were a little shy back then LOL

Oh right cool! :)

Yeah the Scout huts not very big for Off Road, and the other classes are only a but of fun!

Here is the details for the regionals:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15283

Think its @ Temple Park, Address is:
Temple Park Centre
John Reid Road
South Shields
NE34 8QN

But if you email Graham North (You might remember him from York) he will be able to help you further.

What do you mean Tim, I am very shy :woot:

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't now what your like now but you were shy back then LOL
I bumped into you in tall trees years ago didn't I ?

Is your bro still racing ?

Yes the scout centre is a bit small for the buggys !

Gemma
25-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't now what your like now but you were shy back then LOL
I bumped into you in tall trees years ago didn't I ?

Is your bro still racing ?

Yes the scout centre is a bit small for the buggys !

I still havent changed still shy :D

Yeah seen you there, and you were really into the Gym back then werent you?

Nah my brother, got married, and had a kid so he pops in now and then but not much now x

Get yourself to the regionals x:thumbsup:

Wraggy
25-11-2008, 01:29 PM
you 2 ever heard of private messaging !! :woot::woot::woot:

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Yep switched to private messaging ! Old friend !

Anyway I was wanting to know what are the cheapest esc for my 4.5 brushless ? I know the gtb is good buts it's 160 ish but I. Oils do with a esc that can detune the motor as it will be a little hot for a slippy track any recommendations for a esc ?

Lee
25-11-2008, 01:36 PM

or a room :woot:

Gemma
25-11-2008, 01:54 PM

Can you stop highjacking this thread you Southerner :woot: NORTHERNERS ONLY!!!! :thumbsup:

or a room :woot:

haha Love it!! Its okay weve moved on to Private Messaging now!!:lol:

Wraggy
25-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Can you stop highjacking this thread you Southerner :woot: NORTHERNERS ONLY!!!! :thumbsup:

thats MIDLANDS actually !!! :woot:

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Gemma what's our room number again ? LOL

josh_smaxx
25-11-2008, 02:14 PM

Did you just nip out to get some ice? :D

Were you the one i was trying to flog my B44 too at the scout centre by any chance?

Gemma
25-11-2008, 02:16 PM

I will Private Message you it :woot:

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes that was me ! I got a b4 as I just loved the buggys to much so decided not to get a tt-01 !

Still want to race at your place on the nights you have the buggys up

The ice melted ! LOL

Gemma
25-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Yes that was me ! I got a b4 as I just loved the buggys to much so decided not to get a tt-01 !

Still want to race at your place on the nights you have the buggys up

The ice melted ! LOL

Tim I think its just as and when people want to race them, but alot have opted for the Minis etc! :lol:

josh_smaxx
25-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I only really race buggys now and there never on, so i just stick to regionals and call in at the club for banter and food :thumbsup: its all good.

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Not to familiar with the regional thing ? How does it work and how often do they race ? I only used to race at the club level

josh_smaxx
25-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Indoor regionals are the ones ran in the winter. A days racing at the clubs around the northeast (YORCC, NERCR, TRCC, JORCR and Batley) over the winter to qualify for the indoor finals (like an indoor national event) which is held at YORCC this year.

Outdoor regionals are the same but obviously outdoors and over a weekend rather than 1 day.

josh_smaxx
25-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Oh ye,

This year York has past but NERCR (SouthShields) is on the 30th of this month (Sunday) so might be worth a pop down to see whats going on.

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Cheers for the info ! Think I might have a pop down. Will there be any rc shops there ? Need a few bits for the b4 !

Mike Hudson
25-11-2008, 03:05 PM
yes there will be Castle Models there with many B4 parts and lot more... :woot::D

josh_smaxx
25-11-2008, 03:12 PM
And Jez might be there? Although i think he has taken role of the confectionist now :lol:

Gemma
25-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Was going to say last time he was at York, he was selling Mars bars etc, instead of Wishbones lol

dayxwalker
25-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Good good I need new shell and wing and some tyres and rims and a pinion !

dayxwalker
26-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Just got a buy it now on eBay for a novak gtb and 7.5r combo for £90 ! The motors brand new (replacement) and the gtb has done a dozen meetings. I think it's a good deal. Now I will have 2 brushless motors a 4.5 and 7.5 !
I am really looking forward to racing the b4 now !

dayxwalker
01-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know what pinion I will need for my novak brushless 7.5r with a 81t spur ?

I have been told a 20t with a 81t spur for the 4.5 but I will not be using this at first especialy indoors.

I got some yellow mini spikes yesterday at the regional and was talking to some lads from narrow club. How many holes do I need in the rims with the yellow mini spikes ? I have the foam inserts in also